"Game-changing" technology to improve Covid-19 face mask protection
Scientists at the University of Aberdeen are using a "game-changing" technology as they aim to produce a new type of face mask that is more effective in stopping the spread of Covid-19.
Better Health and Social Care for Homeless People - A Reflexive Mapping Exercise
We are pleased to announce that Dr Ekta Gupta of the Institute of Dentistry, University of Aberdeen, has led a collaborative report with colleagues at the University of Dundee on the Aberdeen mapping of services addressing homelessness.
Covid's impact on funerals, the bereaved and funeral workers to be examined
The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on funerals is the subject of a new study by the University of Aberdeen.
Aberdeen first in UK to recruit for new Huntington's disease trial
Aberdeen has recruited the first UK patient for a new trial investigating pridopidine, an oral drug for the treatment of Huntington's disease.
250th anniversary celebration for an Aberdeen doctor who transformed military medicine
The University of Aberdeen will celebrate the 250th anniversary of the birth of the 'father of British army medicine' whose life and achievements are commemorated in one of the city's most famous monuments.
New Royal Society of Edinburgh Fellows announced
Two academics from the University of Aberdeen are among 87 individuals who have been elected to become Fellows of The Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE).
New findings about immune system reaction to malaria and sickle cell disease
Scientists have discovered in more detail than ever before how the human body's immune system reacts to malaria and sickle cell disease.
Researchers to investigate the effect of the pandemic on stress in critical care nurses
A nationwide team of scientists, including researchers from the University of Aberdeen are to investigate the effect of the pandemic on stress in NHS intensive care nurses.
Couples sought for weight loss fertility study
Volunteers are being sought for a study investigating whether weight loss can improve couples' chances of conceiving a baby.
New research finds 'substantial differences' in who was asked to shield from Covid-19
Researchers have found that there are substantial differences in who was asked to shield from coronavirus depending on where they live in the UK.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2021
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015