University celebrates global league table success
The University of Aberdeen's social and economic impact has seen it ranked 70th in the world and 18th in the UK in an influential league table.
Alternatives to hospital admissions for children insufficient, new report claims
There are record numbers of unwell children being admitted to Scottish hospitals and the current new alternatives being used are insufficient, a new University of Aberdeen study concludes.
ONE BioHub launches, marking a new life sciences research commercialisation milestone for the region
Officially opened today, the £40 million ONE BioHub is the iconic new location for life sciences in Aberdeen.
North-east breast cancer team launches fundraising event
Colleagues working together from NHS Grampian and the University of Aberdeen have launched plans for a local fundraising event which will see money raised invested directly into breast cancer trials and studies here in the North-east.
Principal calls on Holyrood to name Aberdeen as new investment zone
The Principal of the University of Aberdeen has urged Scottish politicians to consider the city region as one of the UK Government's planned 'investment zones' north of the border.
Leading professor elected to prestigious medical sciences fellowship
A leading academic renowned for her work in health services research has been elected as a Fellow of The Academy of Medical Sciences.
Prestigious £2.5m NIHR Research Award to evaluate health and social care interventions
A collaboration between the University of Aberdeen and Queen's University Belfast, led by Professor Miriam Brazzelli, has been awarded £2.5 million to become one of the new National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Evidence Synthesis Groups.
VIDEO: Aberdeenshire's first vertical farm
Research into vertical farms by a PhD student at the University of Aberdeen is being carried out in consultation with Aberdeenshire's first facility of its type in the region - Vertegrow.
Catherine scoops gold
Catherine Wright, a final year medical student at the University of Aberdeen was awarded first place in this year's Adult National Open ice-skating championships.
University of Aberdeen scientists fight back against global public health emergency
Following the declaration by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that antimicrobial resistance is one of the top global public health threats facing humanity, a 5-year long project is now underway to find the best and most effective forms of defence against this growing problem.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015