Aberdeen academic named as finalist in 2018 Converge Challenge
A University scientist has been announced as a finalist in the 2018 Converge Challenge for her life science business, mycoBiologics.
Inventor of first full body MRI machine passes away
The University of Aberdeen academic who invented the world's first full body MRI scanner has passed away at the age of 77, it has been announced.
Early warning tests for women's heart disease
Tests that 'red flag' the early signs of heart disease in women who had high blood pressure during pregnancy could be developed following a new project by the University of Aberdeen.
Internationally acclaimed Care Framework for Huntington's Disease launched in Grampian
One of the world's first local Care Frameworks for Huntington's Disease (HD) has been launched in Grampian.
Major new study examines link between performance related pay and stress
The relationship between performance-related pay (PRP) and stress will be the focus of a major new study by economists and health psychologists at the University of Aberdeen.
Scientists reveal new insight into tackling obesity
Obesity has become one of the most significant challenges to human health. But now scientists at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute have discovered a tiny group of brain cells that could be harnessed to tackle obesity according to a new study published in Cell Metabolism.
July 2018 HERU Newsletter
The July 2018 issue of the HERU newsletter has been published. The newsletter features our summer capacity building activities, including welcoming MSc students from Université Paris 12, and celebrating ten years of our Summer Internship scheme. We also feature: An exciting new research project, funded by Pharmacy Research UK, exploring the use...
Heart murmur website bags medical student award
An Aberdeen medical student who developed an innovative website about heart murmurs has picked up a prestigious award.
Brain compare: Scots and Indian scan study could give clues on Alzheimer's
How the brain ages in people from different countries and cultural backgrounds is the focus of a new study by the University of Aberdeen.
HSRU Unit Director Craig Ramsay to appear at Edinburgh Fringe in Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas 2018
Craig Ramsay and Jan Clarkson (University of Dundee) will be appearing at the New Town Theatre on Saturday 18 August discussing 'Politics of the Tooth Fairy'.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015