Clinical trial gives hope for families with Huntington's disease
One of the first people in Scotland to take part in a new clinical trial for Huntington's Disease says the programme gives him hope for the future.
New treatment hope for those affected by muscle loss
New research from the University of Aberdeen has identified the genes responsible for muscle mass
Donation to provide new home for next phase of new MRI technology
The next generation of MRI scanning technology will take a major step forward thanks to a generous £600,000 donation from a charity founded by a family with long established links to the University of Aberdeen.
HERU Blog post - reflections on HERU's 'Applying DCEs in Health Economics' course
The last HERU Blog post of 2019 reflects on the 'Applying Discrete Choice Experiments in Health Economics' course that we ran during the year in Canada and in Aberdeen. The Canada course was ran in collaboration with the O’Brien Institute for Public Health at the University of Calgary in September,...
University paper among the 'most mentioned' in 2019
An academic paper by a University of Aberdeen researcher has made it on to the annual list of the top 100 most-mentioned scholarly articles published in 2019.
New cannabinoid research shows potential for targeted drug therapy
Gene region could identify people who may benefit most from medical cannabis.
Researchers find new evidence that a 'smart, fungi' can be hard to find
A team of experts have discovered that a common fungus that infects humans can not only predict an imminent attack from the immune system, it will even change its appearance to hide from it.
Researchers test drugs with potential to restore sight loss from aniridia
Researchers at the University of Aberdeen will test two repurposed drugs for the treatment of the rare eye condition aniridia, which causes blindness thanks to funding from Fight for Sight.
HSRU's Professor Shaun Treweek one of 2019's Highly Cited Researchers
Professor Shaun Treweek is one of the 0.1% of the world's researchers named in the 2019 Web of Science Highly Cited Researchers List. The list recognises the world's most influential researchers of the past decade, demonstrated by the production of multiple highly-cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations...
INSPIRE: Best Oral Presentation
As part of the activities funded by the INSPIRE program at the University of Aberdeen, two competitive national summer scholarships were on offer for the summer of 2019.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2020
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2020
- May There are no items to show for May 2020
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015