May Festival springs to life
The May Festival will burst into life today (Friday May 27) with the launch of a packed programme of events and family fun that will run across the weekend.
Digital Anatomy training tool developed by University
Interactive 3D models of human organs and other body parts created by University of Aberdeen anatomists in conjunction with computer game designers at the University of Abertay are set to help to train doctors and medical scientists of the future.
Multi-million pound project to 'speed up and reduce cost' of drug making process
A European shortage of scientists who can use special imaging techniques that could speed up and reduce the cost of life-saving drug development is to be tackled by a new £3.1million (Euro 4m) training scheme led by the University of Aberdeen.
New Kingdom of Fungi exhibit opens at Aberdeen Science Centre
Children battled 'killer fungi' in a Space Invaders-style arcade game today (Tuesday May 24) as part of the newest exhibit at the Aberdeen Science Centre.
University of Aberdeen named as top 40 UK university
The University of Aberdeen has been included among the top 40 UK universities listed in this year's Guardian University Guide, rising five places on last year's position.
Can 'mindfulness' help people manage their diabetes?
A study to explore whether a technique similar to meditation can be used to help adults struggling to manage their Type 1 diabetes improve their diabetes control and their emotional wellbeing is under way at the University of Aberdeen.
New company created to develop novel technology to treat diabetes
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult (CGT) and University of Aberdeen, UK, today announce the creation of Islexa, a new company developing a novel technology to produce laboratory grown islets - the organoids responsible for insulin production.
New breakthrough in understanding the 'neglected senses'
Scientists investigating the little-understood senses of touch and movement have made a breakthrough that could eventually benefit people with movement disorders, spinal injuries, high blood pressure and even improve the design of robotics and prosthetics.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2021
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015