Breast cancer drug 'could be safe treatment' for reducing obesity and diabetes
A drug initially designed to fight breast cancer could be a safe treatment for obesity and diabetes, according to researchers at the University of Aberdeen.
Next generation MRI scanner development gets multi-million funding boost
The development of next-generation MRI scanners designed to identify key diseases earlier and in more detail has taken a step forward with the award of a 6.6M Euro research grant.
Alice to represent Aberdeen Dental School at national skills competition
The student who won the right to represent the Aberdeen Dental School at a national skills competition run by Britain's oldest surgical Royal College, has been announced.
Study suggests fresh approach to autism research
The more expressive people are, the better they are at understanding the feelings of others according to a study by researchers at The University of Aberdeen published in Cognitive, Affective & Behavioral Neuroscience.
Expert to share insight into obesity and weight loss
A world-renowned University of Aberdeen researcher will dispel the myths and share the realities of obesity and weight loss
No smoke without fire?
Researchers at the University of Aberdeen have been working together to consider the pros and cons of e-cigarettes.
University in top 40 international universities in Times Higher Education rankings
The University of Aberdeen has been included in the top 40 of an influential list that ranks the world's best 200 universities in terms of international outlook.
Before you embark on that new fad diet - learn the truth about food and nutrition
Thousands of us will be embarking on diets and detoxes following the Festive Season excesses - but how many of us make informed decisions about what we eat?
Screening for 'changed gene' could prevent asthma attacks and improve treatment
Screening children with asthma for a specific genetic change could help prevent asthma attacks and lead to more effective treatments, according to scientists at the University of Aberdeen.
'UK first' IVF embryo trial to compare 'fresh' and frozen
IVF births using frozen embryos will be compared to births from 'fresh' embryos in a large-scale multi-centre trial which is the first-of-its-kind in the UK and led by a team from the University of Aberdeen in collaboration with the NPEU Clinical Trials Unit, University of Oxford.
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015