You are when you eat? Could a bigger breakfast be the key to losing weight
Scientists at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute and the University of Surrey, have received nearly £800,000 from the Medical Research Council to investigate whether the time of day we consume the most calories has an effect on weight loss.
Scientists discover a new way to treat type 2 diabetes - use our head
Medication currently being used to treat obesity is also proving to have significant health benefits for patients with type 2 diabetes. A new study published today in Molecular Metabolism explains how this therapeutic benefit for type 2 diabetes is achieved by acting in our brain.
Women exposed to smoke while in womb more likely to miscarry
Women exposed to cigarette smoke while in their mothers' wombs are more likely to experience miscarriage as adults, according to new research from the University of Aberdeen.
Duke of York in visit to University's ABVenture Zone
Entrepreneurs at the University of Aberdeen were given the royal seal of approval when the Duke of York visited the University's ABVenture Zone on Monday, July 3rd.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015