Governments hail progress on transformational Aberdeen BioHub
£40m project will make Aberdeen "one of the UK's most dynamic life sciences locations"
Scientists develop 'game-changing' antibody test
Antibody tests that can detect whether people have been exposed to new variants of Covid-19 have been developed by the University of Aberdeen, in collaboration with biotechnology group Vertebrate Antibodies Ltd and NHS Grampian.
Brainfood: Researchers find brain area associated with protein cravings
New research from scientists at the Universities of Aberdeen, Leicester and UiT, The Arctic University of Norway, has identified an area of the brain that may drive cravings for protein-rich food.
University appoints new Director of the Rowett Institute
The University of Aberdeen has appointed Professor Julian Griffin as the new Director of the Rowett Institute.
Covid vaccine linked to low platelet count, nationwide study suggests
A condition that affects the blood, known as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), may be associated with the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine in rare cases, research suggests.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015