The ActWELL trial - breast screening could act as "trigger" for lifesaving lifestyle changes
Obesity is a known risk factor for breast cancer. The ActWELL trial, funded by the Scottish Government aimed to help women reduce their future risk of breast cancer by supporting them to reduce their weight and increase physical activity. Although ActWELL was mainly a community-based trial, ActWELL was initially introduced...
'Magic bullet' found in fight against leukaemia
Researchers have made a huge leap forward in finding a targeted therapy for acute myeloid leukaemia.
Volunteers invited to eat - in the name of research
In-person studies at the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health have restarted, with the first call for volunteers focused on studies exploring the impact of processed foods and sugar levels on our bodies and minds.
Hemp - the sustainable protein-packed answer to moderating hunger
A new study has found adding hempseed to your diet can help modulate gut hormone levels in the blood and promote a feeling of fullness after eating.
Expanding free tools to help couples predict the chance of IVF success
Tools developed by the University of Aberdeen which help couples to predict the chances of having a baby following IVF treatment have now been launched in the US.
HSRU to co-host the Audit & Feedback Metalab Conference 8-9 December 2021
HSRU are co-hosting a free online conference next month to explore the future of data use in quality improvement. The event is co-hosted with the Audit and Feedback Metalab and will bring together international and multidisciplinary expert in the fields of audit and feedback and improvement in healthcare. The conference takes...
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015