Frailty as important as age or underlying health issues in Covid-19 death risk
Frailty is as important as either age or underlying health issues in determining whether someone may die from Covid-19, a new study has found.
Funding for Aberdeen Covid-19 'warning sign' study
A University of Aberdeen study that aims to identify crucial biological 'warning signs' of an aspect of Covid-19 is to be supported by almost £100,000 from NHS Grampian Endowments.
BAME individuals must not be under-represented in Covid-19 research
Researchers must ensure people of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups are proportionately represented in Covid-19 studies, according to scientists from UK and USA.
Ground-breaking Artificial Intelligence system for behaviour change
Researchers from University College London, the University of Aberdeen, the University of Cambridge and IBM Research have released a collection of five papers from the Human Behaviour-Change Project (HBCP) in Wellcome Open Research.
Aberdeen rises to highest ever ranking in Complete University Guide league table
The University of Aberdeen has risen three places to its highest ever position in the Complete University Guide University League Tables.
University of Aberdeen scientists to examine impact of lockdown on behaviour patterns
A team of behavioural scientists from the University of Aberdeen has been awarded £325,000 to carry out a six-month investigation which will help inform Scottish Government policy on dealing with Covid-19.
Link between anxiety and alcohol abuse identified
New research from the University of Aberdeen and the University of Edinburgh has identified how sections of DNA might contribute to the risk of alcohol abuse in men.
Total versus partial knee replacement in patients with medial compartment knee osteoarthritis
Late-stage medial compartment knee osteoarthritis (OA) can be treated using total knee replacement (TKR) or partial (unicompartmental) knee replacement (PKR). It is not known which replacement offers most benefit for the patient or for the health-care system. TOPKAT was designed as a multicentre parallel-group superiority randomised controlled trial (RCT) to evaluate...
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015