Changes in diet may improve life expectancy in Parkinson's patients
New research from the University of Aberdeen shows that weight loss in people with Parkinson's disease leads to decreased life expectancy, increased risk of dementia and more dependency on care.
First-ever patients scanned by new generation MRI scanner
A team at the University of Aberdeen has scanned the first group of patients using a ground-breaking 'Fast Field Cycling' MRI scanner. The patients had all suffered strokes and agreed to be the first in the world to be scanned by the new machine.
Sir Tony Robinson in unique collaboration to raise vital funds for cancer and dementia research
Actor and presenter Sir Tony Robinson has joined forces with renowned composer Professor Paul Mealor to create a Christmas concert that will raise funds for cancer and dementia research at the University of Aberdeen.
New trial of remote support for ambulances could enhance Highland emergency care
The University of Aberdeen, NHS Highland and the Scottish Ambulance Service are testing new technology which enables paramedics to send high-quality video and ultrasound images ahead of a patient's arrival at hospital.
Scotland's first audit of older people's services launched
The University of Aberdeen is to lead the first audit of specialist geriatric medicine services for older people in Scotland in collaboration with Health Improvement Scotland and the British Geriatrics Society.
Drug 'melts away' fat inside arteries
A new drug being trialled for treating breast cancer and diabetes has been shown to 'melt away' the fat inside arteries that can cause heart attacks and strokes.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015