HERU Blog post on Genetic testing for children with rare disorders
Our latest HERU blog has been posted. To mark Undiagnosed Children’s Day we feature our on-going research on genetic testing for children with rare diseases. Our work, in collaboration with the Department of Medical Genetics at the University of Aberdeen and the Scottish Genomes Partnership (SGP), aims to place children and...
Antibiotics: How much is too much?
New research has, for the first time, provided guidance on the amount of antibiotics that can safely be prescribed without generating resistant superbugs.
May Fest Unveils Bumper Schools' Programme
Uncovering the secrets of the Vikings, discovering more about Chinese culture and learning how to make snot are all part of eclectic mix of the sixth annual May Fest Schools' Programme 2019, which was launched today.
Worldwide study reveals air pollution link to unborn baby growth
Exposure to air pollution is linked to babies' growth during pregnancy, according to a landmark new study.
Dental Public Health Research Funding Secured
We are delighted to announce that the Institute of Dentistry's Dr Ekta Gupta has secured funding for a new project which examines "Oral Health Literacy in older adults with Chronic Diseases".
Popular city festival returns with jam-packed programme for 2019
The University of Aberdeen's May Festival is back for 2019 - with a bigger programme than ever!
University launches recruitment campaign for 60 academic posts
The University of Aberdeen is recruiting for 60 academic posts as part of an ambitious strategy to enhance its status as a world leader in research.
Routine HPV vaccination linked to dramatic reduction in cervical disease among young women
Routine vaccination of girls aged 12 or 13 years in school with the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in Scotland has led to a dramatic reduction in cervical disease in later life, finds a study published by The BMJ today.
Leading University academics appointed RSE Vice-Presidents
Leading academics from the University of Aberdeen have been appointed to prestigious positions with the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE).
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015