Double success for University start-ups
Two companies formed at the University of Aberdeen have enjoyed success in a national competition for innovative start-up businesses.
Mouse model suggests possible new link between diabetes and Alzheimer's disease
Drugs used to treat diabetes could also be used to treat Alzheimer's disease, and vice versa, according to new research from the University.
New head scanning ultrasound technology could save soldier lives
Soldiers' lives could be saved or improved by new technology which enables medics to scan for bleeding in the brain using ultrasound.
Special science classes inspire school children
Scientists from the University of Aberdeen have been inspiring children with special educational needs to pursue study in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) with a series of specially designed science classes.
Students awarded Quincentenary Prize for outstanding achievements
A medical student who worked with doctors in a remote field station in The Gambia was among those to receive the University of Aberdeen's top student award.
Staff and students recognised for public engagement with research
Staff and students from across the University have been recognised with awards for their efforts in engaging wider society with their research.
Singing improves speech of people with Parkinson's - but more research needed
There is strong evidence that singing benefits the speech of people with Parkinson's disease, but more research needs to be carried out into the area, according to a review of studies led by researchers at the University of Aberdeen.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015