Supercharged sprout vitamin inspiration for new Alzheimer's drug research
A supercharged version of the acid derived from our Christmas dinner veg is the basis of new research aimed at developing a new drug to treat Alzheimer's disease.
Controversial vaginal mesh and graft no more effective than standard repair for female prolapse
Two controversial methods of surgical repair of prolapse in women have been found to be no more effective than the existing standard repair technique, up to two years after surgery.
World's first centre to tackle more than 600,000 African fungal infection-related deaths set up
The world's first international research centre for tackling fungal infections which kill around 1.3 million people globally every year has been set up in South Africa by the University of Aberdeen in conjunction with the University of Cape Town (UCT).
Stealth fungus that causes thrush 'hides' from immune system, experts find out how
Experts from the University of Aberdeen have discovered how the fungus which causes thrush tries to hide from our body's defences.
University expert joins task-force to reduce impact of chemicals on long-term health
A University of Aberdeen Professor will investigate how exposure to chemicals can impact on health in the long-term as part of a world-wide consortium.
Early signs of Alzheimer's disease identified
Researchers from the University of Aberdeen have detected key changes in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.
Symposium success for medical students
Six of Aberdeen's brightest and best medical students are celebrating after winning prizes at the Aberdeen Summer Research Scholarship (ASRS) annual symposium.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015