Student's biotech company secures £500,000 financing
A biotechnology company started by a University of Aberdeen medical student and focused on using the body's own micro-organisms to prevent and treat disease has raised £500,000 in funding.
Taste of rural life for medical students to tackle GP shortage
Medical students at the University of Aberdeen have been given a taste of rural life as part of a new drive to address Scotland's rural GP shortage.
New breathing test could help prevent asthma attacks in children
Researchers at the University of Aberdeen will study whether using an asthma breathing test can help prevent asthma attacks in children.
Study finds new link between Omega-fatty acids and bowel cancer
A study by the University of Aberdeen has found that a higher concentration of the molecules that breakdown omega-3 fatty acids is associated with a higher chance of survival from bowel cancer.
Broken hearts don't self-heal
A condition once thought to temporarily cause heart failure in people who experience severe stress might actually cause longer-lasting damage to the heart muscle.
Scientists establish a foot in the door in precision medicine for oesophageal cancer
Scientists at the Universities of Aberdeen and Dundee have established a foot in the door in finding new, precision treatments for patients with oesophageal cancer, one of the hardest forms of the disease to treat.
European grant to examine effects of zinc and copper on ageing process
Scientists have received funding to investigate the role of zinc and copper on ageing.
New healthcare education centre officially opened
Identifying and solving problems with healthcare training and provision is one of the focuses of a new research group at the University of Aberdeen.
Cigarette damage to unborn children revealed in stem cell study
Chemicals found in cigarette smoke have been shown to damage foetal liver cells.
New prostate cancer checklist to help patients weigh up treatment options
Prostate cancer patients and doctors could get much-needed guidance on treatment options and their consequences thanks to a new 'checklist' developed by the University of Aberdeen.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2021
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2021
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2021
- May There are no items to show for May 2021
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015