University celebrates legacy of insulin discovery 100 years on from graduate's Nobel prize win
The centenary of the Nobel Prize awarded to co-discover of insulin, Professor JJR Macleod, will be celebrated at the university where he studied and returned as a teacher and researcher.
Volunteers needed for Scot Sweet study
A new research study from the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute will look at how artificial sweeteners could be affecting gut health.
'Major differences' found in hospitals' geriatric care during the pandemic
A Scotland-wide audit of hospital admissions recorded before, during and after the covid lockdowns has uncovered major differences in geriatric services' performance between all Scottish health boards.
Treatment and recovery from stroke worse for women and 'racial minorities'
A major study on people with diabetes has found that following a stroke, patients from racial minorities, experienced greater stroke severity, prolonged hospitalisation and received less specialised treatment than their white counterparts.
University graduate receives award for work with refugee doctors
A University graduate is to receive a prestigious award for his work with refugee doctors.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015