Mummified CAT scan: New technologies and ancient objects
A mummified, ancient, Egyptian cat is among a host of artefacts from the University of Aberdeen museums' collections that have been captured using 3D imaging software so they can be shared around the world.
New investment for sight-saving drug University spin out
A company which develops sight-saving drugs, spun out from research at the University of Aberdeen, has secured £1.2m in investment to develop its technology.
Student entrepreneur scoops £30,000 to support doctors treating hospital-acquired superbug
A University of Aberdeen student who started his own 'socially conscious' biotechnology firm whilst training to become a doctor has won £30,000 to support the development of his company.
University students present research in Parliament
Two University of Aberdeen students have presented their research at the British Parliament in London.
Women who take the pill protected from some cancers for up to thirty years
Women who have taken the oral contraceptive pill are protected from some types of cancer for as long as thirty years according to new research from The University of Aberdeen.
Research into alleged 'birth defects drug' makes headlines
Research by a University of Aberdeen team into a drug used as a hormone pregnancy test in the 1970s features in a new hour long Sky News documentary that will be screened for MPs at Westminster.
Medical student praised by emergency services following car crash
A University of Aberdeen medical student has been praised by fire and police services for rushing to the aid of victims of a car crash.
Nursery school science classes are 'magic'
A programme of inspiring science classes for nursery school children delivered by a University of Aberdeen academic have been warmly received.
Ketamine no 'wonder drug' for depression
There is no added benefit to using ketamine over a standard anaesthetic during electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) according to new research from the University of Aberdeen.
Trial finds huge success in HIV treatment
Researchers have been successful in increasing HIV treatment success rates by almost 18 percent.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015