Bone graft company spun out from University research wins new US patents
University of Aberdeen spinout company, SIRAKOSS, which has designed synthetic material to replace diseased or broken bone, has announced two US patents that will 'significantly enhance' production.
Fungal research centre of excellence opens at University of Aberdeen
The University of Aberdeen's new UK centre of excellence for fungal research has been officially opened.
Can those extra pounds be shed, if you tried using your head?
How the brain can influence the battle of the bulge is the subject up for discussion at the latest Café Scientifique event tomorrow.
Duchess of Rothesay opens new state of the art Rowett Institute facility
From rationing during the Second World War to working out the dietary requirements of cities under siege, the University of Aberdeen's Rowett Institute has been at the forefront of nutritional science for more than a century
Piling on the pregnancy pounds does no harm to baby in the long-term
A study from the University of Aberdeen has found that mothers' weight gain in pregnancy is not linked to increased risk of premature death in their adult children.
Charity's £1million pledge kickstarts University cancer team drive
The University of Aberdeen's drive to raise £4.5million to establish a world class cancer research centre has been handed a massive boost by a £1million pledge from Friends of ANCHOR charity.
New Year, new you? Free course on nutrition and wellbeing starts next week
For many of us, January marks the start of diets and a new health regime following the festive season - but for many people, perhaps the key to success would be having the knowledge to make informed decisions about what we eat.
Gene could play role in body's muscle mass
Scientists have identified a gene they think could play a role in determining a person's muscle mass - which is linked to a number of health factors, including how long someone lives.
Cancer after-care 'shake-up' could reduce NHS costs
Cancer survivors say they may be happy to receive after-care from medical professionals that are not cancer specialists provided they receive follow up care for longer and are compensated by some additional services, such as dietary advice and counselling.
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015