Could heart drug help lung disease patients?
Drugs traditionally used to treat blood pressure and heart disease are to be given to lung disease patients to see if they can be beneficial, in a trial coordinated by the University of Aberdeen.
Frailty, not old age, best predictor of death
A new study involving researchers from the University of Aberdeen has found that regardless of age, the more frail a patient is, the less likely they are to survive.
European-funded research showcased at Holyrood event
Researchers from the University of Aberdeen met with the Minister for Europe at a special Scottish Parliament event to celebrate European research within Scotland.
Study warns of disinfectant use in hospitals
The use of disinfectants to clean and control infections in hospitals should be regulated in the same way that prescribing antibiotics is, according to researchers from the University of Aberdeen.
Mellow Babies trial for stressed mums to begin
In one of the largest studies of its kind, researchers from the University of Aberdeen are investigating how a parenting programme can help mothers who are feeling stressed.
Centre for Women's Health Research - event marks anniversary
An event to celebrate the first anniversary of the official launch of the University's Centre for Women's Health Research will be held at the Rowett Institute on Wednesday (March 6).
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015