Aberdeen 'superbug-busting' drugs spin out lands innovation award
Dr Fiona Rudkin from the University of Aberdeen has won the runner-up prize in a major innovation and entrepreneurship competition.
Prostate cancer project breaks new ground
A scientist at the University of Aberdeen has received a major award to develop a new way to treat prostate cancer.
New hysterectomy surgery safer and more effective than current techniques
Removing part of the uterus using a keyhole surgery technique is a more effective way of treating heavy menstrual bleeding than the current most common operation, according to new research led by the University of Aberdeen.
HSRU Staff talk careers with local academy pupils
We were lucky to be invited along to the Mackie Academy Developing the Young Workforce careers event. 4 members of our team took up the invitation and headed along to tell the S4-S6 students a bit about what we do and how we came to be working in Health Services Research. We...
Aberdeen's 'drug engine' celebrates clocking up 10 years
Aberdeen's Scottish Biologics Facility (SBF) which has helped to spawn diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for diseases such as Alzheimer's, cancer, arthritis and many more, has celebrated its 10th anniversary with a special event.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2015
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2015
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2015
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2015
- May There are no items to show for May 2015
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2015
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2015
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2015