Aberdeen law student among the finalists of the Future Legal Minds competition
Law School student Syed Adil has been shortlisted in the hotly-contested UK-wide Future Legal Minds competition.
Dr Eddy Wifa presented at the All-Energy Conference in Glasgow
On the 11th and 12th May 2022, Dr Eddy Wifa attended the All-Energy Conference in Glasgow where he presented a poster on "Regulatory Reconfigurations for the Design of a Robust UK Offshore Wind Health and Safety Risk Governance Regime". Considering the expected growth and complexity of the industry, he argues...
Jonathan Fitchen Prizes in Private International Law
The Centre for Private International Law has set up two annual prizes in memory of Professor Jonathan Fitchen. Jon, who was a much-loved colleague and an outstanding private international law scholar, led the Centre from 2018 until his untimely death in January 2021. The ‘Jonathan Fitchen Prize in Private International Law’ will be awarded to the...
Aberdeen law experts appear before Parliament
Professor Adelyn Wilson and Dr Robert Taylor have been invited to give oral evidence to the European Scrutiny Committee at the UK Parliament as part of its inquiry into the future of Retained EU law.
Extensive Aberdeen Input in European Commission's Legal Proposal to Protect Freedom of Expression
The European Commission published a legal proposal which benefits from extensive input from the University of Aberdeen’s Centre for Private International Law. The proposal, informally known as “Daphne’s Law” in memory of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia, is intended to combat Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participations (SLAPP). SLAPPs are abusive lawsuits which...
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2023
- May There are no items to show for May 2023
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2023
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023