Arbitration expert David Bynmor-Thomas and Brodies Oil & Gas Partner Greg May debated issues around the inclusion of arbitration clauses in commercial contracts.
The School of Law hosted an event exploring the highs and lows of drafting arbitration clauses last night in the Old Senate Rooms at King's College Campus. Current LLM students, staff and guests enjoyed lively discussion around the challeneges of drafting a watertight arbitrartion clause in a commerical contract.
Derek Auchie, programme co-ordinator of the Law School's Arbitration Summer School kicked off the proceeding by introducing the two guest speakers.
David Brynmor Thomas of 39 Essex Chambers provided facsinating insights into the arbitration process in commercial disputes.
Greg May, Partner Brodies Aberdeen provided a different perspctive as a practising Oil and Gas Lawyer.
Students , staff and guests continued the debate with David and Greg following the presentations at an informal drinks reception.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018