The School of Law hosts delegates from Texas A&M University for The Global Legal Studies Field Trip
The School of Law at Aberdeen University has been delighted to host students and academics participating in the Global Legal Studies Field Trip from Texas A&M University over the past two weeks.
Dr Andrew Simpson introduced the students to Scottish history and Scottish legal culture, and representatives from local law firm Burness Paull explored a wide range of topics with the class, including the work of oil and gas lawyers, environmental, health and safety and compliance regulation, litigation in the UK and matters of Property law.
The visitors engaged in a range of cultural activities while in Scotland, including visits to Edinburgh, Loch Ness and to Dunnottar Castle. The Field Trip formally concluded this afternoon with a reception hosted at King’s College, Aberdeen, following a presentation by Dr Roy Partain on the legal oddities of methane hydrates.
The Law School wishes its guests a safe journey back to the United States, and hopes to look forward to continuing collaboration in the future.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018