Congratulations go to our five Aberdeen researchers who last Friday graduated from the Scottish Crucible.
The Crucible is Scotland’s flagship development programme providing immersive upskilling experiences to a group of early career researchers each year. It is highly competitive, with only the very best applications being accepted. This year the University had a record number accepted onto the programme.
Dr Heather Morgan of the Health Services Research Unit was one of those winning a place on the programme. She said “Being a part of the Scottish Crucible 2015 has been absolutely fantastic for me. I’ve made new and exciting contacts with other researchers across Scotland and I’m now collaborating with a number of them – people I would never have imagined working with before. Participating has also given me the confidence to pursue some big ideas for taking my research and public engagement activities forward.”
Some of the experiences shared by the 2015 cohort can be read about here. For researchers interested in applying to the 2016 Scottish Crucible in late Autumn, information sessions are currently being coordinated by the Centre for Academic Development. The next session is on 8 July and places can be booked at www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking Potential applicants are also encouraged to follow up with the Public Engagement with Research Unit email@example.com as evidence of public engagement activity is an advantage. More info on the Scottish Crucible is available at its website.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018