Applications are currently open for the Saint Andrew's Society of the State of New York Scholarship (deadline 23 February).
The Society will offer Scholarships to the total value of $60,000 to enable Scottish graduates to study for a year in the United States.In 2016 a University of Aberdeen student was successful in obtaining one of the awards. Applications are made to the University in the first instance and the University then nominates a candidate to the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, who administer the award scheme.
The application deadline is Friday 23 February and at present we have not received any applications. Therefore, we would be very grateful if you could highlight this opportunity to students and recent graduates who are eligible and considering study in the US in 2018/19. The Scholarship will be tenable from September 2018 to May 2019 at a university in the United States within a radius of 250 miles from New York City, or within the area of Washington DC.
Candidates must be Scottish by birth or descent, and will be expected to have current knowledge of Scotland and Scottish current affairs, and of the Scottish tradition generally. The Society expects its scholars to be good ambassadors for Scotland.
Candidates must also be:
- either graduates of a Scottish university, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who have completed their first degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) not earlier than 2017;
- or students of a Scottish university, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who expect to complete their first degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) in 2018.
An Honours degree is not essential.
How to apply
Full details on how students and recent graduates can apply are available at https://www.abdn.ac.uk/careers/further-study-funding/saint-andrews-society-of-the-state-of-new-york-scholarship-588.php
The application deadline is Friday 23rd February.
Enquiries can be sent to Andrew Mackie in the Careers Service, email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018