Role of sponges in cold-water coral reefs investigated
Researchers from the University of Aberdeen have discovered that Spongosorites coralliophaga - which is a large sponge ( a creature which attaches itself to something solid in a place where it can, hopefully, receive enough food to grow) plays an important role in providing a structure for the settlement of...
Scientists measure the air breathed by Earth's first animals
The discovery of an atmospheric time capsule has allowed scientists to directly measure the air that was breathed by Earth's first animals.
Taking aspirin could have better outcome for stroke patients
An international collaboration of scientists has carried out a large scale study looking at whether the use of antithrombotic drugs such as aspirin and warfarin prior to a stroke leads to a better outcome.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021