You are when you eat? Could a bigger breakfast be the key to losing weight
Scientists at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute and the University of Surrey, have received nearly £800,000 from the Medical Research Council to investigate whether the time of day we consume the most calories has an effect on weight loss.
Pictish Burghead site reveals more than anticipated
A Pictish fort thought to have been largely destroyed by 19th century development has yielded surprising treasures.
Scientists discover a new way to treat type 2 diabetes - use our head
Medication currently being used to treat obesity is also proving to have significant health benefits for patients with type 2 diabetes. A new study published today in Molecular Metabolism explains how this therapeutic benefit for type 2 diabetes is achieved by acting in our brain.
Gone phishing - new £1m project aims to guard against cyber-attacks
The University of Aberdeen is at the centre of a major three-year research project aiming to prevent organisations and businesses falling victim to cyber-attacks.
University professor launches new ocean map at UN
A University professor has helped launch an interactive map produced by the Royal Society that explains how marine biological resources can be used in the development of life-saving antibiotics.
Women exposed to smoke while in womb more likely to miscarry
Women exposed to cigarette smoke while in their mothers' wombs are more likely to experience miscarriage as adults, according to new research from the University of Aberdeen.
New £2.5m ESRC grant to look at effects of Brexit in real-time
The University of Aberdeen has won a £2.5million grant from the ESRC to examine, in real time, the effects of Brexit on the constitutional dynamics of the UK.
'Cellular mosh pit' helps researchers understand tissue formation
Researchers from the University of Aberdeen have helped develop a way of exploring a 'cellular mosh pit' that may shed light on processes such as embryo development, wound healing and cancer growth.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2021
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2021
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2021
- May There are no items to show for May 2021
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021