Research reveals Orkney cancer gene link - now testing to take place
One in 100 people who have grandparents from Orkney have a gene variant that causes a higher risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer, a study has found.
UK clinical trial for potential new endometriosis treatment offers hope to millions of women
Researchers in England and Scotland have been awarded nearly £250,000 by Wellbeing of Women and the Scottish Government to investigate if a drug called dichloroacetate is an effective treatment for endometriosis If successful, the drug could be the first ever non-hormonal and non-surgical treatment for endometriosis – and the first new...
University of Aberdeen partner in research on the future supply of health and social care
Dr Diane Skåtun, Senior Research Fellow from the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU) at the University of Aberdeen, has been selected by the Health Foundation to be part of its new REAL Research Units programme.
Health and geology experts work together in 250k project to improve early detection of oral cancer
University of Aberdeen experts across the institutes of Dentistry, Medical Sciences and The School of Geosciences will work together to improve the ability to detect malignant changes in precancerous lesions which can develop into oral cancer in a £250k project.
Major European programme will support research and innovation towards safer, sustainable chemicals
The University of Aberdeen has joined a major European research and innovation programme to develop next-generation chemical risk assessment, incorporating both human health and the environment in a 'One Health' approach.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2024
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2024
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2024
- May There are no items to show for May 2024
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2024
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2024
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2024
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2024
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2024
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2024
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2024