Gene change that causes Huntington's disease much more common than previously thought
As many as 1 in 400 people have the mutated gene that causes Huntington's disease - far more than previously thought - according to researchers at the University of British Columbia, the University of Aberdeen, and the Coriell Institute for Medical Research.
Mouse model suggests possible new link between diabetes and Alzheimer's disease
Drugs used to treat diabetes could also be used to treat Alzheimer's disease, and vice versa, according to new research from the University.
New head scanning ultrasound technology could save soldier lives
Soldiers' lives could be saved or improved by new technology which enables medics to scan for bleeding in the brain using ultrasound.
Survey finds 92 per cent of UK fishermen will vote to leave the EU
A new survey of fishermen across the UK has revealed that more than 90 per cent will vote in favour of Brexit on June 23.
Singing improves speech of people with Parkinson's - but more research needed
There is strong evidence that singing benefits the speech of people with Parkinson's disease, but more research needs to be carried out into the area, according to a review of studies led by researchers at the University of Aberdeen.
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2023
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023