HSRU's Dr Magaly Aceves-Martins attends The Data for Children Collaborative with UNICEF launch
The Data for Children Collaborative with UNICEF was officially launched in Scotland a couple of weeks ago and Dr. Magaly Aceves-Martins, research fellow from our unit, was part of this kick-off summit. During this meeting, three initial research lines were agreed and will examine how data can deliver new ways...
HSRU announce their contributions for ICTMC 2019, Brighton, 6-9 October
HSRU's Public Engagement Group to take part in Explorathon 2019
On Saturday 28th September members of the Health Services Research Unit will be out and about in Aberdeen City Centre. As part of Explorathon 2019, members of our public engagement group will be in Aberdeen’s “golden zone” on Market Street outside Marks and Spencer’s. There they will be talking with...
Staff News - September 2019
Welcome to Marcin Woznicki who joined the Programming Team in July on a one-year graduate internship. Welcome to Giles O’Donovan who joined us in August to offer administrative support to the Programming Team. Welcome to Gemma Banister who joined us at the end of July to take up a Medical Research for...
New hysterectomy surgery safer and more effective than current techniques: the HEALTH trial
Removing part of the uterus using a keyhole surgery technique is a more effective way of treating heavy menstrual bleeding than the current most common operation, according to new research led by the University of Aberdeen.
HSRU Staff talk careers with local academy pupils
We were lucky to be invited along to the Mackie Academy Developing the Young Workforce careers event. 4 members of our team took up the invitation and headed along to tell the S4-S6 students a bit about what we do and how we came to be working in Health Services Research. We...
HSRU summer internship experience 2019
Gemma Banister tells us about her experience as an HSRU summer intern.
HSRU Research discussed at Local Eye Disease Support Group
On 5th September, a small team from HSRU (Dr Katie Banister, Ms Beatriz Goulao, Miss Gemma Banister) were guest speakers at a Macular society meeting for 8 local support groups in the north east of Scotland. What is the Macula? The macula is part of the retina at the back of the...
Associate Professor Mark Bolland, University of Auckland, visits HSRU
Associate Professor Mark Bolland, University of Auckland, New Zealand, is visiting the Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen. His talks have covered the lack of benefit from using calcium and/or vitamin D supplements to prevent fractures or falls, statistical methods for investigating research misconduct, and designing trials of treatments for...
HSRU student interns present their work to the unit
At two recent lunchtime seminars we heard from eight intern students, who have been working in HSRU over the summer. We were delighted to welcome some of HSRUs Public Partnership Group to one of these sessions. Three of the interns have been working within the programming team. Valerio Bucci and Julia...
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013