HSRU welcomes summer student interns to the unit.
HSRU offers summer student work placements to current University of Aberdeen students wishing to improve their knowledge and experience in a research-focused environment. This year we welcome 8 student interns, 4 working on projects with the CHaRT programming team and 4 working on Health Services Research projects. Agata Kostrzewa and Stefania Pirosca...
Showcasing our work at NHS Scotland Event 2019
The NHS Scotland Event 2019 is the leading health event in Scotland. It brings together healthcare professionals, researchers, charities, senior leader and key decision-makers in NHS Scotland working together to improve health outcomes and delivery high quality care and social care services for those living in Scotland. This year the event...
Staff News - June 2019
Welcome to Thenmalar Vadiveloo and Anower Hossain who have both joined the Statistician's Team and to Connor Keegan who has joined the Programming Team.
HSRU Researcher Leads Soapbox Science Aberdeen
After a successful inaugural event in at the 2018 May Festival, HSRU research Dr Heidi Gardner lead Soapbox Science Aberdeen for a second year running.
What numerical aspects of trials should we involve patients and the public in?
PoINT, a new HSRU trial methodology project, aims to find out what are the most important numerical aspects of trials that patients or the public can and want to contribute to. We are also looking to identify current practices, barriers and facilitators to involving patients in numerical aspects of trials.
HSRU @ SCT 40th Meeting in New Orleans
Several of our staff attended the Society for Clinical Trials Meeting in New Orleans, USA, from the 19th to the 22nd May. The conference kicked off with the pre-conference workshop on the Sunday. Shaun Treweek led a workshop about SWATs that had contributions from Katie Gillies and other Trial Forge...
Hunting for Evidence with the Girl Guides
It can be hard for young people to assess the claims they see every day, on the news, radio, social media. Are the claims true? What is the evidence? Is the evidence reliable?
Fostering international collaborations to advance the science of audit & feedback
This week, the Health Services Research Unit (HSRU) welcomed Ivana Goluza, Research Strategy Project Officer from the Agency of Clinical Innovation, New South Wales, Australia. Ivana is specifically interested in how existing audit and feedback laboratories worldwide were setup and run. Lessons learnt will impact how the Agency of Clinical...
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013