Staff News - March 2020
Welcome to Avril Nicoll who joined us this month. Avril will be working with Louise Locock on Rosemary Hollick's Vasculitis project. Farewell to Alina Uyazina who has moved to a new post within the University. Farewell to Adel El Feky who has taken up a research post in Liverpool. Farewell to Patrycja Bromm...
Staff News - January 2020
Welcome to Louisa Lawrie who joins us as a Research Fellow Farewell to Maria Ntessalen who leaves us to take up a post at the Maternity Hospital Farewell to Gordon Fernie who is leaving Aberdeen and moving to the central belt Farewell to Utkalika Kuanar has has taken up a new role within...
Improving Care by Using Patient Feedback
Research by HSRU's Professor Louise Locock is one of several studies to feature in a Themed Review published this month by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) on Improving Care by Using Patient Feedback. The NHS is spending millions of pounds encouraging patients to give feedback but the information gained...
HSRU's Dr Magaly Aceves-Martins supporting #WomenInSTEM
Our Dr Magaly Aceves-Martins is the spokeswoman and coordinator in Europe of the programme “Women Leaders in STEAM”. This is a unique mentoring programme in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) for Latina Women, led by MBA Rebeca Vargas, (CEO of the U.S-Mexico Leaders Network). The main...
HSRU Social Committee Christmas Round up
Social Lunch and Linkee Game Tuesday 3 December, 12.30pm. There’s still time to sign up for this if you’re interested. If you fancy lunch from Social Bite (who put 100% of their profits towards ending homelessness in Scotland) then have a look at the menu (https://social-bite.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/SB_Delivers-Menu_Sep2019_WEB.pdf) and give your order and...
HSRU's Professor Shaun Treweek one of 2019's Highly Cited Researchers
Professor Shaun Treweek is one of the 0.1% of the world's researchers named in the 2019 Web of Science Highly Cited Researchers List. The list recognises the world's most influential researchers of the past decade, demonstrated by the production of multiple highly-cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations...
HSRU's Dr Magdalena Rzewuska to contribute to a panel discussion held by ID-Hub
On 15 Nov at 15:00 our Dr Magdalena Rzewuska will be contributing to a panel discussion held by ID-Hub in line with World Antibiotic Awareness Week. With four other experts she will be answering questions on antimicrobial resistance, antibiotic use and stewardship and highlighting our work in the area to...
Are you setting up new trial recruitment sites? If you are ESP2 needs you!
Setting up trial recruitment sites takes time and effort. Not all of this effort is rewarded because not all of those sites will recruit as planned but are likely to take up just as much, if not more, of your time as sites that do recruit. The Estimating Site Performance-2 project...
Staff News - October 2019
Welcome to Emma Berry, Taylor Coffey and Sinan Khadhouri who all joined us this month as postgraduate research students. Farewell to Kath Starr who leaves us at the end of this month to take up post as Senior Trials Manager at Nottingham CTU – we look forward to many productive future...
Clinical trials, methodology and accountability - a patient and public involvement (PPI) view
Several members of the HSRU team attended the International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference (ICTMC) in Brighton last week. It was a fantastic conference with ubiquitous examples of world leading methodological research being presented. Three of the HSRU team in attendance were patient partners and one of them, Andrew Worrall, has...
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2020
- May There are no items to show for May 2020
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013