Creative Science Communication Research Continues in Asia
Last month we told you about HSRU Research Fellow Dr Heidi Gardner’s stateside adventures as part of her Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Fellowship. Since then, Heidi continued her adventures in Singapore and Hong Kong, and she’s back to update us on what she got up to. Heidi’s Fellowship began in January,...
HSRU methodology workshops: a cycle on dissemination of research
The research cycle is not complete without dissemination of research results. If the professionals and patients that can use and benefit from the research do not know about it, then research is essentially wasted. Addressing the best way to disseminate research to different stakeholders (the public, healthcare professionals and policy...
Staff News - March 2019
Welcome to Diana Johnson who joined us this month as a Trial Manager Farewell to Andrey Voronov in our Programming team who leaves us at the end of this month. Best of luck in your future endeavours
HSRU's Shaun Treweek to speak at meeting on obesity and cancer: Dundee, 27th April 2019
The University of Dundee is hosting a one day meeting on Saturday 27th April on behalf of the NIHR collaboration on cancer and nutrition with support from The World Cancer Research Fund, the Association for the Study of Obesity and The Scottish Cancer Prevention Network. The aim of the meeting is to consider current evidence...
Patients with experience of Kidney Stones wanted
The NIHR funded PUrE trial, led by by Prof Sam McClinton of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, is looking for patients with experience of kidney stones to help give a patient perspective to the research project. The PUrE Trial is managed by the Centre for Healthcare Randomised Trials (CHaRT) in HSRU, and...
First anniversary of HSRU representatives receiving the Queen's Anniversary Prize
Health Services Research Unit's (HSRU) representatives had a very special work trip one year ago: they were invited to the Buckingham Palace to collect the Queen's Anniversary Prize for sustained research excellence in healthcare research leading to improvements in academic and clinical practice and delivery of care. Professor Craig Ramsay, Director...
Dr Callum Kaye to work with HSRU on an NRS Career Researcher Fellowship
Dr Callum Kaye, Consultant in Anaesthesia & Critical Care at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary will be working with Profs Graeme Maclennan and Shaun Treweek on an NHS Research Scotland (NRS) Career Researcher Fellowship linked to traumatic brain injury. The scheme is funded by the Chief Scientist’s Office and awards clinicians in the...
HSRU Researcher Heads Stateside to Explore Creative Science Communication
HSRU PhD graduate Dr Heidi Gardner has been away from the Unit since Christmas, on the first leg of her Winston Churchill Memorial Fellowship travels. Heidi is one of 150 Fellows from the 2018 program, and her project aims to explore creative communication methods that can be incorporated within the UK’s...
Staff News - February 2019
Welcome to Paul Manson who has joined us as Information Officer. Paul's previous role was as Clinical Librarian for the NHS. Welcome to Gillian Ferry who has joined us as an Assistant Trial Manager.
Joanna Crocker to present PIRRIST workshop/seminar on Tuesday 19 February.
We are pleased to let you know that Joanna Crocker, a Research Fellow in Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) from the University of Oxford will be in Aberdeen on Tuesday 19 February. Joanna will be running a 90-minute workshop style seminar starting at 11.00am in Level 2 Seminar Room at...
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2019
- May There are no items to show for May 2019
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2019
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2019
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2019
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2019
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2019
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2019
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2019
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013