HSRU mark over one year working at home with a staff photo montage
To mark a full year since HSRU moved to home working in March 2020, we asked staff to send us photos of themselves, either working from their home offices, dining rooms and spare bedrooms, or out and about undertaking lockdown activities. We had an amazing range of photos sent in,...
12 Month outcomes of the MASTER non-inferiority Randomised Controlled Trial
Stress urinary incontinence (SUI) is common in men after prostate surgery and can be difficult to improve with conservative treatment. Even after physiotherapy, 75% of those incontinent 6 weeks after surgery continue to have some leakage 12 months later. Implantation with the artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) is the recommended surgery...
Introducing... The HSRU Blog!
We are pleased to be able to announce that we now have an HSRU Blog, hosted within the HSRU website.
Staff News - April 2021
We are delighted to welcome George Ramsay who has recently joined us as Senior Clinical Academic. George is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and he will be splitting his time between his clinical duties and undertaking research with us. Welcome to HSRU George. This month we...
Covid's impact on funerals, the bereaved and funeral workers to be examined
The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on funerals is the subject of a new study by the University of Aberdeen.
HSRU staff celebrate Excellence Awards wins
We are delighted to announce that several members of HSRU are winners in this years Excellence Awards. Katie Banister and Samantha Wileman were joint winners in the Public Engagement with Research Awards 2021 category. Craig Ramsay won in the Outstanding Research Project - Covid-19 Response & Recovery Award 2021 category. Graeme Maclennan and the CHaRT Team are winners in the Outstanding...
Breast screening could act as 'trigger' for lifesaving lifestyle changes
Using breast screening clinics to introduce lifestyle advice has the potential to improve women's health, a study from the universities of Aberdeen and Dundee has found.
HSRU WaRRiOrS march on!
The team of 11 HSRU staff who have taken on the university's 525 Challenge to raise money for the Covid-19 525 Bursary Fund is going from strength to strength, despite the best efforts of the weather. The HSRU WaRRiOrS (Walking, Running, Riding, Or Strolling) were challenged to log 525 active miles during...
Staff News - February 2021
Welcome to Jennie Riley, who joins us this month as a Research Fellow on the Care in Funerals project, working with Vikki Entwistle Welcome also to Christine Kennedy, who joins us this month as an Assistant Trial Manager providing maternity cover for Gillian Ferry Also providing maternity cover for Gillian is Jess...
In-home Tracking of glaucoma: Reliability, Acceptability, and Cost - The I-TRAC Study
Glaucoma is a common chronic eye condition and the second commonest cause of blindness in the UK. Glaucoma impairs mainly the peripheral vision (visual field). Patients need these check-ups for the rest of their lives. Hospital eye services are very busy, accounting for 10% of all NHS outpatient visits with...
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013