HSRU WaRRiOrS march on!
The team of 11 HSRU staff who have taken on the university's 525 Challenge to raise money for the Covid-19 525 Bursary Fund is going from strength to strength, despite the best efforts of the weather. The HSRU WaRRiOrS (Walking, Running, Riding, Or Strolling) were challenged to log 525 active miles during...
Staff News - February 2021
Welcome to Jennie Riley, who joins us this month as a Research Fellow on the Care in Funerals project, working with Vikki Entwistle Welcome also to Christine Kennedy, who joins us this month as an Assistant Trial Manager providing maternity cover for Gillian Ferry Also providing maternity cover for Gillian is Jess...
In-home Tracking of glaucoma: Reliability, Acceptability, and Cost - The I-TRAC Study
Glaucoma is a common chronic eye condition and the second commonest cause of blindness in the UK. Glaucoma impairs mainly the peripheral vision (visual field). Patients need these check-ups for the rest of their lives. Hospital eye services are very busy, accounting for 10% of all NHS outpatient visits with...
HSRU staff take on the 525 Challenge!
A team of staff from HSRU is taking part in the University of Aberdeen's 525 Challenge to raise money for the university's Covid-19 525 Bursary Fund, which supports students facing severe financial hardship. The fund has already been able to support over 200 students with a 525 Bursary but there...
Alison McDonald, CHaRT Senior Trial Manager, departs to enjoy retirement
Last month we said a fond farewell to Alison McDonald who retired at the end of 2020. Alison joined the Health Services Research Unit in 1993 as Project Administrator for the NEST Trial. She gained her MSc in Health Services and Public Health Research in 1999 and subsequently taught on that...
£375k study launched to explore experiences of 'long Covid'
A new £375,000 study led by the University of Stirling in collaboration with the University of Aberdeen, is seeking to understand the lived experiences and support needs of people suffering from the long-term effects of Covid-19.
Staff News January 2021
Welcome to Carrie Stewart, who joins us this month as a Research Fellow on the I-Trac project, working with Katie Gillies.
Pulpotomy for the management of irreversible pulpitis in mature teeth (PIP Feasibility Study)
Most adults experience tooth decay and many require restorative work involving dental caries removal prior to the irreversible pulpitis stage. If this fails, root canal treatment involving complete removal of the pulp is the only option (other than extraction) but it is a technically demanding procedure, time consuming and costly...
Prioritising patient and public involvement in numerical aspects of trials: the PoINT project
This past Tuesday, the 15th of December, an online priority setting meeting was held to identify numerical aspects of trials where patient and public involvement could make the most difference. The meeting was part of the PoINT project led by Dr Beatriz Goulao. The facilitation was led by Katherine Cowan...
Staff News - December 2020
We say fond farewells this month to both Alison McDonald and Maga Aceves Martins. Alison is taking a well-deserved retirement after more than 25 years with CHaRT and HSRU. We wish Alison a very healthy and happy retirement! Maga is leaving HSRU to take up a post with the Rowett Institute where...
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2021
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2021
- May There are no items to show for May 2021
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013