Joanna Crocker to present PIRRIST workshop/seminar on Tuesday 19 February.
We are pleased to let you know that Joanna Crocker, a Research Fellow in Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) from the University of Oxford will be in Aberdeen on Tuesday 19 February. Joanna will be running a 90-minute workshop style seminar starting at 11.00am in Level 2 Seminar Room at...
Open session with Marion Campbell (Foresterhill)
Date: Tuesday 22 January 2019 Time: 10.00 - 11.00 Venue: Polwarth Auditorium
We have a PhD studentship available, funded by the THIS Institute and to be supervised by Louise Locock and Marion Campbell, on ‘Soft’ intelligence and online patient feedback: Using Care Opinion for NHS quality improvement in Scotland. If you know of anyone who might be interested in applying (or if you’re...
HSRU's dental research highlighted at the BASCD conference
The Health Services Research Unit has led pioneering work in dental research over the years. On the 15th of November, the team was invited to present examples of that work to an audience of dental professionals at the British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry (BASCD) conference in London....
Staff News - December 2018
Farewell to Lorna Henderson who leaves us this month Congratulations to Eilidh Duncan who officially started her THIS Institute Fellowship this month. The personal fellowship will last for 45 months and will fund Eilidh to work on improving healthcare through advancing the methodology of audit and feedback interventions. As part of...
HSRU researcher enthused by attendance at international public engagement conference
This UK’s National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE)’s Engage conference is now in its 8th year, this year it took place on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th November. The conference has previously taken place in NCCPE’s home city of Bristol, but this year the team ventured north, inviting an...
Congratulations to HSRU's Dr Heidi Gardner as she is awarded her PhD
HSRU’s own Heidi Gardner graduated from her PhD in the University of Aberdeen’s winter ceremonies on Friday 23rd November. Her three-year PhD project was funded by the University of Aberdeen’s Development Trust, and supervised by Prof Shaun Treweek and Dr Katie Gillies, both based at HSRU. Both Shaun and Katie joined...
HSRU well represented at the Edinburgh Clinical Trials Management Course 2018
Several members of the Health Services Research Unit, including Trial Managers, are currently in Edinburgh to attend the Edinburgh Clinical Trials Management Course (ECTMC). The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the management of randomised control trials (RCTS), by giving an overview of the standard processes and...
Professor Louise Locock will present her interesting research about patient and public involvement
Abstract of the presentation: ‘About 60% of me wants it to happen’. Health researchers talk about their experiences of patient and public involvement. I will present findings from a qualitative interview study with 36 health researchers and research managers talking about their experiences of patient and public involvement; their attitudes...
From Scotland to Brazil (and vice versa) with love
An urgent need for technology and knowledge transfer through an intentional collaboration between developed and developing countries is a widely recognised priority, as evident in growing numbers of funding opportunities to enable it. Reasons extent beyond the principle of justice into pragmatism of taking a shared responsibility for global health...
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2019
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2019
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2019
- May There are no items to show for May 2019
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2019
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2019
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2019
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2019
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2019
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2019
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2019
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013