First anniversary of HSRU representatives receiving the Queen's Anniversary Prize
Health Services Research Unit's (HSRU) representatives had a very special work trip one year ago: they were invited to the Buckingham Palace to collect the Queen's Anniversary Prize for sustained research excellence in healthcare research leading to improvements in academic and clinical practice and delivery of care. Professor Craig Ramsay, Director...
Dr Callum Kaye to work with HSRU on an NRS Career Researcher Fellowship
Dr Callum Kaye, Consultant in Anaesthesia & Critical Care at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary will be working with Profs Graeme Maclennan and Shaun Treweek on an NHS Research Scotland (NRS) Career Researcher Fellowship linked to traumatic brain injury. The scheme is funded by the Chief Scientist’s Office and awards clinicians in the...
HSRU Researcher Heads Stateside to Explore Creative Science Communication
HSRU PhD graduate Dr Heidi Gardner has been away from the Unit since Christmas, on the first leg of her Winston Churchill Memorial Fellowship travels. Heidi is one of 150 Fellows from the 2018 program, and her project aims to explore creative communication methods that can be incorporated within the UK’s...
Staff News - February 2019
Welcome to Paul Manson who has joined us as Information Officer. Paul's previous role was as Clinical Librarian for the NHS. Welcome to Gillian Ferry who has joined us as an Assistant Trial Manager.
Joanna Crocker to present PIRRIST workshop/seminar on Tuesday 19 February.
We are pleased to let you know that Joanna Crocker, a Research Fellow in Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) from the University of Oxford will be in Aberdeen on Tuesday 19 February. Joanna will be running a 90-minute workshop style seminar starting at 11.00am in Level 2 Seminar Room at...
Open session with Marion Campbell (Foresterhill)
Date: Tuesday 22 January 2019 Time: 10.00 - 11.00 Venue: Polwarth Auditorium
We have a PhD studentship available, funded by the THIS Institute and to be supervised by Louise Locock and Marion Campbell, on ‘Soft’ intelligence and online patient feedback: Using Care Opinion for NHS quality improvement in Scotland. If you know of anyone who might be interested in applying (or if you’re...
HSRU's dental research highlighted at the BASCD conference
The Health Services Research Unit has led pioneering work in dental research over the years. On the 15th of November, the team was invited to present examples of that work to an audience of dental professionals at the British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry (BASCD) conference in London....
Staff News - December 2018
Farewell to Lorna Henderson who leaves us this month Congratulations to Eilidh Duncan who officially started her THIS Institute Fellowship this month. The personal fellowship will last for 45 months and will fund Eilidh to work on improving healthcare through advancing the methodology of audit and feedback interventions. As part of...
HSRU researcher enthused by attendance at international public engagement conference
This UK’s National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE)’s Engage conference is now in its 8th year, this year it took place on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th November. The conference has previously taken place in NCCPE’s home city of Bristol, but this year the team ventured north, inviting an...
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2019
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2019
- May There are no items to show for May 2019
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2019
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2019
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2019
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2019
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2019
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2019
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2019
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013