Staff News - November 2021
This month we welcome Paul Mason to the Programming Team. Welcome to HSRU Paul! We are delighted that Claire Cochran, Senior Trial Manager, has been appointed as a UK Trial Manager Network Executive Group Member following a call for applications. Well done Claire!
At the Zoo with FLAMINGO
Emergency hospital admissions of children have risen dramatically in the past 20 years due to increasing numbers who are admitted and discharged on the same day - so called ‘zero day’ admissions. There was a 49% increase in emergency admissions from 2000-2013 (an increase of 13,470 zero day admissions) and...
The ActWELL trial - breast screening could act as "trigger" for lifesaving lifestyle changes
Obesity is a known risk factor for breast cancer. The ActWELL trial, funded by the Scottish Government aimed to help women reduce their future risk of breast cancer by supporting them to reduce their weight and increase physical activity. Although ActWELL was mainly a community-based trial, ActWELL was initially introduced...
HSRU to co-host the Audit & Feedback Metalab Conference 8-9 December 2021
HSRU are co-hosting a free online conference next month to explore the future of data use in quality improvement. The event is co-hosted with the Audit and Feedback Metalab and will bring together international and multidisciplinary expert in the fields of audit and feedback and improvement in healthcare. The conference takes...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013