3 HSRU staff members winners of the Principal's Prizes for Research and Engagement 2019
We are delighted to announce that HSRU's Alison Avenell, Heidi Gardner and Gordon Fernie have been announced amongst the winners of this year's Principals Prizes for Research and Engagement. Professor Alison Avenell is this year's winner of the Outstanding Research Awards for Individuals at Further Stage of Career Development. Dr Heidi Gardner...
Local patient helps HSRU Celebrate International Clinical Trials Day 2019
The personal Clinical Trials Journey of local patient, Alister, helped us explain to the public the importance of clinical trials and why we are passionate about involving patients in our research. This year our Clinical Trials Unit (CHaRT) and HSRU celebrated all week at a stall at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary...
Staff News - May 2019
Welcome to Bob Murray who joins the Programming Team this month Farewell to Jemma Healey, Dan Brunsdon and to Gladys McPherson who leaves us this month: best of luck in all of your future endeavours
The 4th Annual International Symposium on Advancing the Science and Impact of Audit & Feedback
Audit and feedback is an effective quality improvement strategy that provides health professionals with quantitative summaries of their clinical performance. However, its success varies widely: even though the intervention produces small but significant improvements in practice, evidence shows a median improvement of 4.3% varying from a 9% decrease in performance...
NHS Scotland Event, 30-31 May Glasgow SEC
We are delighted to again be hosting a stand in collaboration with our colleagues in the Health Economics Research Unit at the NHS Scotland Event at Glasgow’s Scottish Event Campus (SEC). The NHS Scotland Event is the leading health event in Scotland and consists of two days of plenary, mini-plenary,...
HSRU attends Healthcare Improvement Scotland Research Symposium
We were delighted to again co-sponsor the Healthcare Improvement Scotland Research Symposium which was held last week (24 April) in Edinburgh. The theme of the symposium this year was ‘Evidence for Value in an era of realistic medicine’ and featured keynote sessions from: Richard Norris (Honorary Fellow at the University of...
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013