HSRU staff celebrate British science week with local school pupils
I love British science week! As part of the 2019 celebrations, we were lucky enough to be able to share our love of all things science by visiting not one but two local schools in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire. First up was a visit to Arduthie primary school, where teacher Mrs Tulloch had...
Creative Science Communication Research Continues in Asia
Last month we told you about HSRU Research Fellow Dr Heidi Gardner’s stateside adventures as part of her Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Fellowship. Since then, Heidi continued her adventures in Singapore and Hong Kong, and she’s back to update us on what she got up to. Heidi’s Fellowship began in January,...
Could heart drug help lung disease patients?
Drugs traditionally used to treat blood pressure and heart disease are to be given to lung disease patients to see if they can be beneficial, in a trial coordinated by the University of Aberdeen.
HSRU methodology workshops: a cycle on dissemination of research
The research cycle is not complete without dissemination of research results. If the professionals and patients that can use and benefit from the research do not know about it, then research is essentially wasted. Addressing the best way to disseminate research to different stakeholders (the public, healthcare professionals and policy...
Staff News - March 2019
Welcome to Diana Johnson who joined us this month as a Trial Manager Farewell to Andrey Voronov in our Programming team who leaves us at the end of this month. Best of luck in your future endeavours
The new Artificial Intelligence centre for Scotland, which will involve HSRU, is launched.
iCAIRD will be a Scottish centre of excellence and focus on the application of AI in digital diagnostics, ultimately enabling better and earlier diagnosis and more efficient treatment for patients. It is also predicted that iCAIRD will create new jobs centred around AI and digital technology in healthcare. The launch event...
HSRU's Shaun Treweek to speak at meeting on obesity and cancer: Dundee, 27th April 2019
The University of Dundee is hosting a one day meeting on Saturday 27th April on behalf of the NIHR collaboration on cancer and nutrition with support from The World Cancer Research Fund, the Association for the Study of Obesity and The Scottish Cancer Prevention Network. The aim of the meeting is to consider current evidence...
Patients with experience of Kidney Stones wanted
The NIHR funded PUrE trial, led by by Prof Sam McClinton of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, is looking for patients with experience of kidney stones to help give a patient perspective to the research project. The PUrE Trial is managed by the Centre for Healthcare Randomised Trials (CHaRT) in HSRU, and...
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013