HSRU well represented at the Edinburgh Clinical Trials Management Course 2018
Several members of the Health Services Research Unit, including Trial Managers, are currently in Edinburgh to attend the Edinburgh Clinical Trials Management Course (ECTMC). The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the management of randomised control trials (RCTS), by giving an overview of the standard processes and...
Professor Louise Locock will present her interesting research about patient and public involvement
Abstract of the presentation: ‘About 60% of me wants it to happen’. Health researchers talk about their experiences of patient and public involvement. I will present findings from a qualitative interview study with 36 health researchers and research managers talking about their experiences of patient and public involvement; their attitudes...
From Scotland to Brazil (and vice versa) with love
An urgent need for technology and knowledge transfer through an intentional collaboration between developed and developing countries is a widely recognised priority, as evident in growing numbers of funding opportunities to enable it. Reasons extent beyond the principle of justice into pragmatism of taking a shared responsibility for global health...
Katie Banister will be presenting at the NHSG Annual Research Conference on 4th December 2018
Katie will be presenting alongside members of the HSRU Patient and Public Involvement Partnership at the event, to be held at the Suttie Centre, Foresterhill Campus. Katie's presentation will begin at 1.30pm however the event commences at 9am. The theme of the conference is public awareness, engagement and involvement in clinical...
Save the date - 6-9th October 2019, ICTMC 2019, Brighton
The main conference programme runs from 7th – 9th October 2019, with pre-conference workshops planned for Sunday 6th October. The ICTMC 2019 meeting will unite international colleagues working in clinical trials, including trialists, methodologists, clinicians and allied health professionals. The programme will include keynote lectures, and a range of sessions designed to...
Staff News - November 2018
Farewell to Fernanda Dias da Silva who leaves us this month for Paris: you’ll be greatly missed but we’re sure that Paris will help ease the pain! Farewell to Malou Luchtenberg who leaves us this month to return to her home University in Groningen after having been with us since August...
Save the date - HSRUK Conference 2019, 2-3 July 2019, University of Manchester
The call for abstracts and sessions for the 12th annual Health Services Research UK Conference is now open and will close on Sunday 13 January 2019 at midnight.
A team of HSRU staff to take part in Sleep in the Park fundraiser
Thousands of people, across four cities, will sleep in the park on Saturday 8th December, as part of a nationwide sleep-out that aims to end homelessness in Scotland. Our staff and students have been given access to a limited number of free places at the Aberdeen event in Duthie Park. This...
HSRU's Dr Magdalena Rzewuska invited by the University of São Paulo, Brazil to deliver a talk
Our research fellow Dr Magdalena Rzewuska (@RzewuskaM) is heading next week to Brazil to attend the XV International Meeting of Mental Health Researchers and Psychiatric Nursing Specialists, for which she was invited to deliver a talk about her work on quality improvement and implementation research at the HSRU. During her visit...
HSRU's Dr Eilidh Duncan has been awarded a personal fellowship from the newly formed THIS Institute
THIS Institute (The Healthcare Improvement Studies) was created by the University of Cambridge and the Health Foundation and offers prestigious fellowships to lead an extended period of research and contribute to the development of the field of healthcare improvement studies. Eilidh is one of three postdoctoral fellows appointed within the first...
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2020
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2020
- May There are no items to show for May 2020
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013