Internal Teaching Review (ITR) is the University’s periodic review, a requirement of all Scottish HEIs as part of the Quality Assurance Agency (Scotland)’s Quality Enhancement Framework (QEF). ITR is an ‘in-house’ review of a School’s or discipline’s teaching-related activities. The aims of the review are to:
- provide assurance regarding the quality and standard of our teaching provision
- promote dialogue in areas where quality could be improved
- identify good practice for dissemination
- encourage and support critical reflection on current practice
Schools must complete and submit an evidence-based Critical Analysis and Curriculum Map as part of ITR submissions. Annual Programme Reviews, External Examiner Reports, and School learning and teaching metrics reviewed as part of the School Planning Process are also considered. ITR reports are published on the University webpages here.
- Internal Teaching Review: Process
- ITR: Guidance for Schools
- Critical Analysis
- Curriculum Mapping
- Schedule of forthcoming reviews
- Repository: Internal Teaching Review Reports
For further information, please contact Academic Services email@example.com.