We offer a package of attractive terms and conditions, optional benefits and special offers, including:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Purchase Annual Leave Scheme
- Enhanced family leave and pay entitlements (including Maternity, Adoption, Paternity/Co-Maternity and Shared Parental leave)
- Employee Wellbeing (information on free off-peak membership and significant savings on peak memberships at Aberdeen Sports Village etc.)
- The opportunity to progress your career through the annual promotions exercise
- Access to a suite of training courses including leadership and management development
The University has a Childcare Voucher scheme, which is a tax-saving initiative for staff. The Childcare Voucher scheme can save you money on any kind of registered childcare including childminders, nannies, nurseries, breakfast and after school clubs, play schemes and summer camps, as well as the care element of boarding schools.
The provider of our scheme is Edenred. The scheme they offer is completely paperless and hassle free.
Childcare Vouchers are offered through a salary sacrifice scheme. This means that it is a voluntary benefit scheme, whereby you are allowed to nominate part of your monthly salary payment, in return for Childcare Voucher Credit.
The amount you will save will depend on how much tax and national insurance you pay. We advise that you make use of the Savings Calculator on the HMRC website to see exactly how much you will save, in addition to reading the frequently asked questions information sheet for some financial illustrations.
The amount of your salary that you nominate as part of this scheme will not be subject to Tax and National Insurance deductions, allowing you to take up to £55 per week (£243 per month) in Childcare Voucher credit and you will receive tax and national insurance exemption on any value taken up to this amount.
In order to qualify for this scheme:
- You must have a formal contract of employment with the University
- You must be the parent, or have parental responsibility, for a child under 15 years of age (16 or under if child(ren) is registered disabled).
- Your childcare provider must be state registered and willing to register with Edenred.
The Edenred website contains detailed information on everything you need to understand before agreeing to join the scheme. We recommend that you read all the information carefully before registering for the scheme.
Click here to register and enter the Scheme ID: UNIV2982
To register, please contact:
Itohan Aivboraye - HR Adviser
Rocking Horse Nursery
On campus nursery facilities available to staff through salary sacrifice.
The Rocking Horse Nursery is located within the Old Aberdeen campus and is an independent nursery registered with the Scottish Care Inspectorate. It was setup in 1989 under the terms of a Trust to provide nursery facilities primarily for the students and staff of the University of Aberdeen. The Trust is a non-profit making body and the Nursery is self-supporting. There are places for 78 children at any one time.
Visit their website for more information.
- Employee Advantages
Employee Advantages offers exclusive, significant discounts from the UK's most popular retailers and service providers. You can save at least £565.00 a year using Employee Advantages, without changing your normal shopping habits.
- Start saving by visiting http://employeeadvantages.co.uk/
No need to set up an account - we've done this for you - simply login with your University e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password 'Aberdeen'. Remember to use a capital 'A'!
In order to authenticate your login details, Employee Advantages will send an email to you requesting you to change your password. When you change your password your login will be validated and you will be able to access the site.
Employee Advantages Helpline: 0845 600 6479
- Grampian Credit Union
The University is in partnership with Grampian Credit Union, which is an independent savings and loans co-operative. The Credit Union is available to people living and working in Aberdeen and the Grampian area, and provides affordable and ethical financial services.
Our partnership with Grampian Credit Union means that all members of University of Aberdeen staff now have the opportunity to join and access the range of financial services and products it offers. Regular savings and loan payments to the Credit Union can be made through deductions taken directly from your salary each month.
- Adult, Junior and Christmas savings accounts – saving from £10.00 per month or more
- Loans for members, with affordable interest rates – first loans £200 to £5,000
- Current Accounts with full banking service – can arrange Direct Debit and Standing Order payments
- Access accounts on-line or by phone – withdrawals direct to your bank
- Membership application and payroll deduction forms available to print from website
- Deposits covered fully by Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Grampian Credit Union is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm reference number 213701
To find out more about Grampian Credit Union, go to the homepage at web:
For more information on Car/van hire, bike to work salary sacrifice scheme and many more visit the Travel page.
You will need to login to read more information about Travel
- Tuition Fees - for Staff
Staff under contract of employment with the University wishing to undertake studies at the University may be entitled to full or partial payment of their tuition fees from their Department or Section. This is conditional on meeting certain criteria and obtaining permission from the Head of College. The Staff Tuition Fees Policy sets out the full details and conditions of this.
Staff wishing to request assistance with their tuition fees can complete and submit a Staff Tuition Fees application form, once they have consulted the policy and secured the relevant School and College level approvals.