We offer a package of attractive terms and conditions, optional benefits and special offers, including:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Purchase Annual Leave Scheme
- Enhanced family leave and pay entitlements (including Maternity, Adoption, Paternity/Co-Maternity and Shared Parental leave)
- Employee Wellbeing (information on free off-peak membership and significant savings on peak memberships at Aberdeen Sports Village etc.)
- The opportunity to progress your career through the annual promotions exercise
- Access to a suite of training courses including leadership and management development
Childcare Salary Sacrifice Schemes
To register, please contact:
Eva Borkowska - HR Partner (Reward & Policy)
Itohan Aivboraye - HR Adviser
Rocking Horse Nursery
On 31 August 2015, the Rocking Horse Nursery moved in to a new purpose-built energy efficient building. It is located on the University's Old Aberdeen campus. Nursery fees for the Rocking Horse Nursery can be salary sacrificed. The Rocking Horse Nursery is an independent nursery registered with the Scottish Care Inspectorate. It was setup in 1989 under the terms of a Trust to provide nursery facilities primarily for the students and staff of the University of Aberdeen. The Trust is a non-profit making body and the Nursery is self-supporting. There are places for 78 children at any one time. For further information, please visit the Nursery website.
- Employee Advantages
Employee Advantages offers exclusive, significant discounts from the UK's most popular retailers and service providers. You can save at least £565.00 a year using Employee Advantages, without changing your normal shopping habits.
- Start saving by visiting http://employeeadvantages.co.uk/
No need to set up an account - we've done this for you - simply login with your University e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password 'Aberdeen'. Remember to use a capital 'A'!
In order to authenticate your login details, Employee Advantages will send an email to you requesting you to change your password. When you change your password your login will be validated and you will be able to access the site.
Employee Advantages Helpline: 0845 600 6479
- Grampian Credit Union
The University is in partnership with Grampian Credit Union, which is an independent savings and loans co-operative. The Credit Union is available to people living and working in Aberdeen and the Grampian area, and provides affordable and ethical financial services.
Our partnership with Grampian Credit Union means that all members of University of Aberdeen staff now have the opportunity to join and access the range of financial services and products it offers. Regular savings and loan payments to the Credit Union can be made through deductions taken directly from your salary each month.
- Adult, Junior and Christmas savings accounts – saving from £10.00 per month or more
- Loans for members, with affordable interest rates – first loans £200 to £5,000
- Current Accounts with full banking service – can arrange Direct Debit and Standing Order payments
- Access accounts on-line or by phone – withdrawals direct to your bank
- Membership application and payroll deduction forms available to print from website
- Deposits covered fully by Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Grampian Credit Union is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm reference number 213701
To find out more about Grampian Credit Union, go to the homepage at web:
For more information on Car/van hire, bike to work salary sacrifice scheme and many more visit the Travel page.
You will need to login to read more information about Travel
- Tuition Fees - for Staff
Staff under contract of employment with the University wishing to undertake studies at the University may be entitled to full or partial payment of their tuition fees from their Department or Section. This is conditional on meeting certain criteria and obtaining permission from the Head of College. The Staff Tuition Fees Policy sets out the full details and conditions of this.
Staff wishing to request assistance with their tuition fees can complete and submit a Staff Tuition Fees application form, once they have consulted the policy and secured the relevant School and College level approvals.