- Employment Services
HR Employment Services is your first point of contact for any general HR issues including recruitment, terms and conditions, annual leave, HR policies and procedures, temporary services, honorary appointments and family friendly (maternity/paternity). The team also act as the first port of call for assistance with casework (such as discipline, capability, attendance management and dignity at work) at the early/informal stages of procedures and support the redeployment process.
We are also here to help job applicants with any queries about vacancies or the application process.
Details of team responsibilities and contacts are below.
Employment Support Services
Provides HR support for general enquiries and administration associated with new starts, temporary services appointments, honorary appointments, variations to contracts, leavers and maintaining employee records.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to replace a damaged or faulty ID badge"
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to obtain an employment reference"
Employment Services Assistants:
- For staff enquires relating to staff in CASS & COPS please contact: Karolina Miesala on email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273499 or Suzanne Covington on firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 274079
- For staff enquires relating to staff in CLSM please contact: Rachel Innes on email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 272557
- For staff enquiries relating to staff in Professional Services please contact: Ruth MacDonald on firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 273415 or Suzanne Covington on email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 274079
- Ewan Starrs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides an end-to-end service through the recruitment process, once vacancies are approved, from advertising to issuing of contracts of employment.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to recruit a new member of staff"
- For recruitment enquires relating to Senior Recruitment please contact: Isaac Closs on email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 274225
- For recruitment enquires relating to the College of Life Sciences and Medicine or Professional Services please contact: Alison Hunter on firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 273458
- For recruitment enquires relating to the College of Physical Sciences or the College of Arts and Social Sciences please contact: Lannair Mcardle on email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273748
Provides support to managers and staff in respect of the Redeployment/avoidance of redundancy procedure.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to discuss redeployment"
- HR Advisers & HR Partners
HR Partners support their respective schools/colleges with:
- strategic HR-related matters
- change management
- non-routine, complex casework (e.g. disciplinary, grievances, capability, dignity at work, attendance management)
HR Advisers support their respective schools/colleges with:
Provide advice on HR policies and procedures, initial point of contact for recruitment and first line assistance with casework at the early/informal stages of procedures.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to discuss maternity/paternity options"
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to alter my existing contract"
Head of HR Partners
HR Partner (Policy/Strategy)
College of Arts & Social Sciences
School of Law and School of Language, Literature, Music and Visual Culture
School of Education
School of Social Science
School of Divinity, History and Philosphy
Business School College of Physical Sciences College of Life Sciences and Medicine
Institute of Medical Sciences, HERU, HSRU, College Teaching Team
Institute of Education for Medical and Dental Sciences, Rowett Institute of Nutrition & Health, Institute of Applied Health Sciences
School of Biological Sciences and Psychology
Estates and Human Resources
All other areas
- Management Team
- Helena Couperwhite
Employment Services Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 273860
- Peter Sharp
Principal Employment Solicitor
email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273440
Head of HR Partners
- Specialist Services
HR Specialist Services is responsible for the delivery of strategic HR projects/specialist services and support to the University in the following areas:
- Strategic projects: development and implementation of strategic HR projects that support the delivery of the University’s strategy e.g. internationalisation/transnational education
- HR Policy: development, maintenance and implementation of HR policies and procedures that support the strategic, operational and people management needs of the University;
- Pay and Reward: development and implementation of pay and benefits strategy and associated policies and procedures;
- Organisational Development: through initiatives such as Healthy Working Lives.
- Equality and Diversity: embedding practice including initiatives such as Athena Swan and Gender Equality Mark
Specialist Services Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 273414
Equality and Diversity Adviser
email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273883
Athena Swan Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0) 1224 274006
Athena Swan Co-ordinator
email@example.com | +44 (0) 1224 274006
- Staff Development
The Staff Development Team are here to support you in the development of your skills, attitudes and knowledge in the areas of leadership, management and personal development.
University Office King's College
Tel: +44 (0)1224 273963