- Employment Services
HR Employment Services is your first point of contact for any general HR issues including recruitment, terms and conditions, annual leave, HR policies and procedures, temporary services, honorary appointments and family friendly (maternity/paternity). The team also act as the first port of call for assistance with casework (such as discipline, capability, attendance management and dignity at work) at the early/informal stages of procedures and support the redeployment process.
We are also here to help job applicants with any queries about vacancies or the application process.
Employment Support Services
Provides HR support for general enquiries and administration associated with new starts, temporary services appointments, honorary appointments, variations to contracts, leavers and maintaining employee records.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to replace a damaged or faulty ID badge"
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to obtain an employment reference"
Provides an end-to-end service through the recruitment process, once vacancies are approved, from advertising to issuing of contracts of employment.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to recruit a new member of staff"
Provides support to managers and staff in respect of the Redeployment/avoidance of redundancy procedure.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to discuss redeployment"
- HR Advisers & HR Partners
HR Partners support their respective School with:
- strategic HR-related matters
- change management
- non-routine, complex casework (e.g. disciplinary, grievances, capability, dignity at work, attendance management)
HR Advisers support their respective School with:
Provide advice on HR policies and procedures, initial point of contact for recruitment and first line assistance with casework at the early/informal stages of procedures.
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to discuss maternity/paternity options"
"I am an existing member of staff and I want to alter my existing contract"
Head of HR Partners
HR Partner (Policy/Strategy)
HR Partner (Internationalisation)
- School of Law
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Language, Literature, Music and Visual Culture
- School of Education
- Heather Clark (HR Adviser) (Maternity Leave) (School of Divinity, History and Philosophy, Business School)
+44 (0)1224 273244
- School of Divinity, History and Philosophy
- School of Psychology
- School of Biological Sciences
- Business School
- School of Geosciences
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural and Computing Sciences
- Institute of Medical Sciences
Institute of Education for Medical and Dental Sciences
- Rowett Institute
Student & Academic Services
- Deborah Marwick (HR Partner)
+44 (0)1224 273565
- Marian Elliott-Jones (HR Adviser)
+44 (0)1224 273757
Digital & Information Services
Marketing & Student Recruitment
Research & Innovation
- Management Team
- Helena Couperwhite
Employment Services Manager
email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273860
- Kenny Bruce
HR Systems Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 273723
- Peter Sharp
Principal Employment Solicitor
email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273440
- Fiona Smith
Head of HR Partners
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 273564
- Specialist Services
HR Specialist Services is responsible for the delivery of strategic HR projects/specialist services and support to the University in the following areas:
- Strategic projects: development and implementation of strategic HR projects that support the delivery of the University’s strategy e.g. internationalisation/transnational education
- HR Policy: development, maintenance and implementation of HR policies and procedures that support the strategic, operational and people management needs of the University;
- Pay and Reward: development and implementation of pay and benefits strategy and associated policies and procedures;
- Organisational Development: through initiatives such as Healthy Working Lives.
- Equality and Diversity: embedding practice including initiatives such as Athena Swan and Gender Equality Mark
Specialist Services Partner
email@example.com | +44 (0)1224 273414
HR Partner (Reward)
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1224 272650
- Staff Development
The Staff Development Team are here to support you in the development of your skills, attitudes and knowledge in the areas of leadership, management and personal development.
University Office King's College
Tel: +44 (0)1224 273963