Insurance homepage

This page provides information on University insurance policies. For help or information please contact

  • Liability
  • Motor - Anyone driving a University vehicle must complete a Driver Declaration Form
  • Property
  • Travel - If you are travelling on University business in the UK or overseas, and are planning flights and accommodation, you must complete a travel insurance application.  Once completed, you will receive an acknowledgement including the University’s policy number that can be used to access AIG’s travel assistance services, including the app.


    For staff planning travel in the UK or overseas involving flights and/or an overnight stay, the University’s travel insurance provider AIG offers policyholders access to a range of travel assistance services.  This includes a free app which carries several useful features, including:


    • One Touch ‘Help’ Phone Button connects travellers directly to emergency travel assistance.

    • Medical Translations Tool translates medical terms and phrases into multiple languages.

    • Drug Brand Equivalency Tool generates drug brand names and their equivalent names for multiple countries.

    • Security Travel Alerts contain security level developments that may affect your travel destination(s) (subscribed travel alerts will be sent to the registered user’s email address).


    More information about the range of services provided by the AIG Travel Assistance App, along with download information, can be found here

Other policies held by the University are

  • Professional Indemnity
  • Directors and Officers Liability
  • Clinical Trials

Separate cover must be arranged for anything else. Please contact Insurance.