The Library, on three sites over three campuses, is one of the largest and best equipped in Scotland, offering excellent resources to support you in your teaching and research.
The Sir Duncan Rice Library (arts, science, education and social sciences), including the Special Collections Centre, as well as the Taylor Library and European Documentation Centre (law with official UK and EU publications) are on the Old Aberdeen campus. The Medical Library on the Foresterhill Campus covers the Medicine and Medical Sciences disciplines, as well as nutrition, both human and animal.
The University has seven museum collections of national and international importance, each one ranking amongst the finest in the country. They are used for teaching and research at all levels. There are displays and changing exhibitions open to the public, as well as talks, events and schools programmes
- Using the Library
All staff have library membership and can borrow, consult and use electronic resources from any site.
- Honorary Staff - library membership
- Opening Hours - for all sites
- Get Started - information on where to find our libraries and how to use our services and facilities
- Renew your loans - Link to your library account to renew loans and much more
- Order books and other material for the library
- Library Skills - a range of refresher workshops are offered to academic and University support staff to help you improve your library and information skills
- Search the collections
Share and keep up to date
Access Electronic Resources
Essential information on how to prepare your computer to access our e-resources from off campus or on the University's wireless network.