Postdoctoral Research Committee
The Postdoctoral Research Committee has been established to support the alignment of the University's professional and career development provision with the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers, and to oversee the planning and implementation of the HR Excellence in Research Award strategy. It also provides a forum for research staff to engage in interdisciplinary neteworking and community building. It is chaired by the Dean for Industrial Engagement in Research & Knowledge Transfer and has representation from research staff in each of the relevant Schools, academic leads, and Professional Services.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate institutional policy and strategy relating to researcher career development and the Concordat, for research staff at all levels, taking account of the University’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinate internal and external review for the HR Excellence in Research Award.
- Promote the importance of researchers' personal and career development, and lifelong learning, to ensure they are equipped and supported to be adaptable and flexible in an increasingly diverse, mobile, global research environment.
- Ensure research staff views are integral to the planning and implementation of new training initiatives.
- Liaise with relevant internal partners (and identify appropriate leads) to ensure Concordat-related activities within each School are accounted for and can be reported on.
- Ensure that all development activities achieve optimum engagement and impact, efficient use of resources and deliver value for money.
- Chair: Professor Mirela Delibegovic, Dean for Industrial Engagement in Research and Knowledge Transfer
- Clerk: Dr. Claire Hawes, Researcher Development Adviser
- Dr. Marcin Kapitaniak, School of Egineering
- Dr. Anna Nowakowska, School of Psychology
- Dr. William Hepburn, School of Divinity, History, Philosophy and Art History
- Dr. Milan Markovic, School of Natural and Computing Sciences
- Dr. Vassilios Raikos, Rowett Institute
- Dr. Jess Butler, Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- Dr. Wael Houssen, Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Aaron Neill, School of Geosciences
- Dr. Greta Bocedi, Sschool of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Hanifi Baris, School of Language, Literature, Music and Visual Culture
- Dr. Nicole Andelic, School of Social Sciences
Directors of Research
- Prof. Louise Phillips, School of Psychology