- Current Events
ResearchBite Mini Series: Patient and Public Involvement in Research
Begins 1 September 2021, 12:00-13:00
This lunchtime mini-series will provide an exciting opportunity to hear from colleagues about their experiences working with patients and the public in research. The series will present an in-depth look into approaches used across the research cycle - from a pre-funded to funded stage. Colleagues, together with research partners, will share valuable lessons learned, as well as honestly speak about the benefits and challenges of undertaking work together.
1 September 2021: Hosted by Dr Kathryn Martin and research partners covers PAINSTROM: How effective PPI can enhance research design and Funding Application Book your place using this link www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking/11077
8 September 2021: Hosted by Professor Val Speirs: How PPI shaped developing the Breast Cancer Now tissue bank and their continued involvement in its operations. Booking details to follow
15 September 2021: Hosted by Mirela Delibegovic: Details to follow
22 September 2021: Hosted by Stefanie Doebl: Find out why Stefanie engaged with patient partners during her PhD, how they worked together and how their work influenced the way research was planned and carried out. Book your place using this link www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking/11088
29 September 2021: Hosted by Professor Phyo Myint - Tips on recruiting subject specific PPI members and joint working - A researchers and PPI members perspective. Book your place using this link www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking/11086
ResearchBites Series: Applying to the European Commission for Research Funding - An Introduction
10 June 2021, 12:00-13:30
If you are interested in applying to the European Commission for a research grant for the first time through the newly launched Horizon Europe schemes, this introductory session has been designed to support your needs. We will acquaint you with the fundamentals of making an application for funding for your research project, finding partners and highlighting the practical steps that all new applicants will need to engage with. We will introduce you to the European Commission’s Funding and Tender portal, where all calls are launched, applications made and projects managed to completion. We will explain the roles of the Coordinator and the Beneficiary, explaining where responsibilities for tasks lie and the support that is in place at the University at each step of the granting process.
EVENT POSTPONED - to be rescheduled.
Carnegie Trust Visit
Linklater Rooms, 20 May 2020 - 12:30 - 14:00
The Grants Academy will be hosting a visit from Patricia Krus and John Thompson, representatives of the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland on Thursday 20th May 2020. A sandwich lunch will also be provided. Save the date in your calendar and book your place here.
EVENT CANCELLED - to be rescheduled
UKRO Meeting – 21 May 2020
Venue: KCF 7
Please be aware that this session was previously scheduled for 28 November 2019.
** Those who were booked on the November session will need to re-register Course Booking site.**
Branwen Hide, our UKRO representative will be visiting the University of Aberdeen to present up to date information on the UK’s future relationship to the EU funding mechanism, Horizon 2020 and its successor programme, Horizon Europe which will launch in 2021. Based in Brussels, UKRO are the UK’s National Contact Point for the ‘Excellent Science’ opportunities within Horizon 2020 and are the UKRI’s permanent representative in Europe. Spaces at the morning session will be limited – click HERE to book.
From 2 pm onwards, academic staff have the opportunity to book a one to one session with Branwen to pose questions about existing projects and their plans to apply in the future to European Commission funding calls. Please contact the Grants Academy to book your space.
Event Cancelled - to be rescheduled
Leverhulme Trust Visit
Meeting Room 1 and Breakout, Level 7, Sir Duncan Rice Library - 4 June 2020
More Details to follow.....
- Latest News
Showcase your Research – Discover Altmetrics
Did you know The University of Aberdeen subscribes to Altmetric Explorer to allow researchers to discover online attention for research, provide additional evidence when applying for funding, and to evidence potential impact.
The Altmetric Explorer provides a number of tools for researchers including badges that can be added to your web pages, these badges can be used to highlight specific papers or research which has received lots of positive online attention. Research and Innovation have created a guide to help you add these badges. You can download the guide from https://www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/research/altmetrics.php
If you would like any further details please contact Nykohla Strong.
- News Archive
- UKRI Consulation on Open Access Review
- 31 January 2020 - Introduction to the Policy Landscape - Nick Bibby, Director of SPRE
- 22 May 2019 - Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA)
- 22 April 2019 - Principal’s Prize for Research and Engagement
- Past Events
- 13 May - Online ResearchBite - Horizon Europe Session for Early Career Researchers
12 May - Online ResearchBite - Realising your Research Impact, Now and for the Future.
5 May - Online ResearchBite - Involving Patients and the Public in your Research - How, Why and When?
21 April - Online ResearchBite - Introduction to Ethics
- 18 March - Online ResearchBite - NVivo 2 - Importing and Coding Data and / or Literature
- 18 March - Funding Insights Session - Inclusive Ageing
- 24 February - Online ResearchBite - Bidding for Academic Conferences
- 17 February - Online ResearchBite - Consultancy and Contract Research
- 11 February - Online ResearchBite - Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and Working with Industry
- 3 February - Online ResearchBite - Altmetrics
- 28 January - Online ResearchBite - Update on the UK's Access to EU Research & Innovation Funding
- 21 January - Online ResearchBite - Introduction to Qualitative Data Analysis Software (NVivo)
- 13 January - Online ResearchBite - Data Management and Digital Support
- 9 December - Online ResearchBite - Social Media and your Research
- 2 December - Online ResearchBite - Open Access, Open Data, Open Research - What do I need to know?
- 25 November - Online ResearchBite - Involving Patients and the Public in your Research - Why, How and When?
- 11 November - Online ResearchBite - GDPR and Research
- 5 November - Online ResearchBite - Funding Opportunities through the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Qatar National Research Fund
- 28 October - Online ResearchBite - Introduction to Public Engagement
- 7 October - Online ResearchBite - My Grant and Research Finance
- 30 September - Online ResearchBite - Introduction to Research Contracts
- 23 September - Online ResearchBite - Getting Started with a Funding Application
- 17 September - Online ResearchBite - Funding Landscape
- 25 June - Conversations On - Movement, Prehabilitation and Bioengineering
- 24 June - Online ResearchBite - Research Involving the NHS: Where do I Start and What Approvals do I need?
- 17 June - Online ResearchBite - Open Access, Open Data, Open Research - What do I need to know?
- 10 June - Online ResearchBite - Virtual Conferencing & Dissemination: How to Reach your audience remotely
- 9 June - Conversations on Dying and Grieving: Can we do it better?
- 3 June - Online ResearchBite - Involving Patients and the Public in your Research - Why, How and When?
- 27 May - Online ResearchBite - Practical Management of a Research Project
- 20 May - Online ResearchBite - Introduction to Ethics
- 13 May - Online ResearchBite - Realising your Research Impact, Now and for the Future (Further Details)
- 6 May - Online ResearchBite - The UN Sustainable Development Goals - Should I Even Care? (Further Details)
- 29 April - Online ResearchBite - Public Engagement (Further Details)
- 28 April - Online DASA Application Workshop
- 22 April - Online NERC Demand Management (Further Details)
- 13 February - EPSRC Visit (Further Details)
- 12 February - ResearchBite: Data Management and Digital Support (Further Details)
- 5 February - ResearchBite Building your Budget (Further Details)
- 30/31 January - Nick Bibby, Director of Scottish Policy and Research Exchange (SPRE)
- 29 January - ResearchBite Carnegie Trust Research Incentive Grant Preparation Workshop (Further Details)
- 22 January - ResearchBite Getting Started with Funding Applications (Further Details)
- 15 January - ResearchBite Finding Funding (Further Details)
- 20 November - Practical Skills for Researchers Workshops (Further Details)
- 18 November - Postdoctoral Professional Development Programme
- 15 November - DASA Visit (Further Details)
- 13 November - ONE Life Sciences Network: IP and Partnerships (Further Information)
- 11 November - OGTC Roadshow - Forging Elite Energy Start-Ups - TechX (Further Details)
- 6 November - ResearchBite - Introduction to Research Ethics (Further Details)
- 6 November - Conversations on Emotions (Further Details)
- 23 October - ResearchBite - Realising your Research Impact Now and for the Future (Further Details)
- 16 October - ResearchBite - Getting Started with Consultancy & Contract Research (Further Details)
- 9 October - ResearchBite - Research Funding (Further Details)
- 2 October - Life Science Catalyst - Kosterlitz Event (Futher Details)
- 2 October - ResearchBite - European Funding A Shift in the Landscape (Further Details)
- 23 September - ScotChem Natural Products in the Bio-Economy - A Collaboration-Building Workshop - (Further Details)
- 18 September - ResearchBite: Research Funding: Getting Started - (Further Details)
- 17 September - EUROPA Members Meeting.
- 11 September - ResearchBite Launch - (Further Details)
- 27 June - Combining Past Present to apprehend an uncertain Future - (Further Details)
- 29 May - DASA Visit - Debra Car did 1-2-1 sessions with Academics
- 17 May - AHRC Briefing - (Further Details)
- 14 May - Celebration Event & Funding Opportunity: Wellcome Trust – Institutional Strategic Support Fund - (Further Details)
- 23 April - ETP Visit - (Further Details)
- 16 April - Capturing Online Attention on your Research - (Further Details)
- 15 April - Induction Fair - (Further Details)
- 29 March - Understanding Intellectual Property
- 22 March - Capturing Online Attention on your Research - (Further Details)
- 15 March - Translating research into commercial opportunities - (Further Details)
- 13 March - Conversations on Voice of the Child
- 7 March - Royal Society Visit - (Further Details)
- 4 March - MRC Seminar
- 27 February - Conversations on Marine Life Below Water
- 23 January - Conversations on Ownership of the Human Body
- 14 January - DSTL Visit
- 21 November - Conversations on Healthy Ageing
- 16 November - Chief Scientist Office Visit
- 31 October - Conversations on Water Security & Sustainability (Further Details)
- 24 October - Working with Industry: Routes, Confidentiality and IP
- 29 August - Conversations on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Further Details)
- 18 July - Conversations on Nature Connectedness and Wellbeing
- 3 July - Visit from Professor Tim Wheeler, Director of Research & Innovation at NERC
- 20 June - Conversations on Food Security, Sustainable Diets and Wellbeing
- 19 June - Chemistry Research Away Day
- 30 May - Inter-disciplinary Research Workshop
- 29 May - ISCF & Innovate UK Internal Briefing and Discussion
- 15 May - Engineering - Briefing Session on Consultancy
- 25 April - PSRC Training Session led by Professor Pete Edwards
- 27 March - External Funding Application Workshop
- 20 March - Lloyds Register Group Visit
- 5 March - Insights into the external funding panels seminar
- 2 March - SBS Grants Foundry Workshop
- 26 February - RSE Enterprise Fellowships Scheme Briefing (Further Details)
- 7 February - Leverhulme Trust Visit - (Further Details)
- 31 January - Scotland-Europa FP9 Consultation Event - (Further Details)
- 24 January - Engineering Research Away Day
- 29 November - IMS/RINH Grants Foundry
- 22 November - MRC Visit (Further Details)
- 21 November - UKRO Visit (Further Details: Rise, CoFund, Overview)
- 14 November - ITN Grant Writing Workshop (Further Details)
- 27 September - DATALAB Innovation Centre visit
- 26 September - EAG Meeting (Further Details)
- 30 August - IMS/RINH Grants Foundry
- 25 August - Global Challenge Research Fund Workshop focused on Food and Nutrition - (Further Details)
- 19 June - Intention to Submit deadline for MRC/ BBSRC/ Wellcome Trust
- 14 June - Grants writing workshop one-2-one/ small groups Part 2 (host: A. Derrington) (SMMSN)
- 7 June - Grants writing workshop 2 (host: A. Derrington) (SMMSN)
- 5 June - Blueberry Training: Developing a Commercial Proposal
- 30 May - EU grant writing workshop
- 29 May - EU grant writing workshop
- 17 May - Grant writing workshop 1 (host A. Derrington) (SMMSN)
- 12 May - Grants writing workshop one-one/small groups (host: A Derrington) (CoPS)
- 10 May - Carnegie Trust Visit
- 3 May - Grants Writing Workshop (host: A Derrington) (CoPS)
- 26 April - Wellcome Trust Visit
- 19 April - IMS/RINH Grants Foundry
- 17 March 2017 - Global Challenge Research Fund and Newton Fund Workshop - (Further Details)