Zee Allison, Senior Toolkit Developer and a founding member of the Learners’ Toolkit Team, has been shortlisted for Computing’s Women in IT Excellence Rising Star Award 2017.
One of fourteen categories, the Rising Star Award is for 2017’s ‘most trailblazing young woman in IT’ and is presented not only to celebrate success, but also as an inspiration for other women starting out in the IT industry.
In July this year, the Learners’ Toolkit team scooped Computing’s ‘Design Team of the Year’ award and was shortlisted for the Herald’s Higher Education ‘Innovation Technology Excellence’ award.
The ‘Rising Star’ award however recognises an individual.
Christine Mackenzie, TaD and Toolkit Team Leader, said: “I am thrilled that Zee’s creative talent, hard work, and sheer passion for all things Toolkit are being recognised on an individual level. She is an exceptional young woman and the heart and soul of Toolkit.”
Brian Henderson, Director of IT, said: “I am delighted that Zee’s continued professionalism and commitment have resulted in this nomination. Her innovative work on Toolkit has transformed the way online resources are presented to our students and staff.”
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Montcalm London Marble Arch on 1 November.
Find out more about Computing’s Women in IT Excellence Awards.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018