Over 70 delegates from across Europe and beyond visited the University of Aberdeen last week for the Conference of European University Chaplains (CEUC).
Chaplains from the UK joined others from Sweden, Holland, Finland, Norway, Germany and the US for the week-long conference at Old Aberdeen entitled ‘Rock & Oil: the rough and the smooth of Chaplaincy work today’.
The conference was organised by a local planning team with University Chaplain Rev. David Hutchison as Convenor. David was selected to assume the GB and Ireland seat on the CEUC Board - and then promptly voted as Vice Chair – during the organisation’s Annual General Meeting on Thursday.
Commenting on the conference, Rev. Hutchison said: “The week was a huge success with tremendous keynote speakers, a great variety of worthwhile workshops on a variety of themes and a couple of excursions which thankfully weren't spoiled by the weather!
“I was also delighted to be voted Vice Chair of the CEUC Board - it is a huge honour to be selected for this important role, and I look forward to promoting the work of university chaplains in Europe to engage with issues in Christian spirituality, youth and culture in the context of higher education.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018