- Contributing to the development and approval of policy and strategy regarding non-academic aspects of the student experience (other than those under the specific remit of other University committees), ensuring that adequate regard is given to the student experience.
- Reviewing progress against plans relevant to the non-academic student experience.
- Receiving reports from the Students’ Association, and reports relevant to the student experience from the Directorates of Academic and Student Affairs, People, and Estates and Facilities, and any other bodies as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with the Code of Practice laid down by the University in accordance with the provisions of the 1994 Education Act.
- To advise UCTL, Senate and Court on such matters as may be remitted to it by those bodies.
- Composition & Membership
Convener: Mrs J Shirreffs
Clerk: Karen Scaife
Tel: 01224 272612
- Lay Member of Court
- Vice-Principal (Education)
- University Secretary
- Chair of the Undergraduate Committee (or nominee)
- Chair of the Postgraduate Committee (or nominee)
- Director of Estates and Facilities (or nominee)
- Director of People (or nominee)
- Director of Student and Academic Services (or nominee)
- Director of Digital and Information Services (or nominee)
- University Librarian (or nominee)
- Head of Student Experience
- Head of Student Support
- President of the Students’ Association plus two sabbatical officers
- Chief Executive Officer, Students' Association
- Student Engagement Manager
- All other student sabbatical officers
Quorum: 50% of formal membership (including Ex Officiis)
Membership for 2019/20
- Mrs J Shirreffs (Convener)
- Ms M Chapman, Rector
- Professor P McGeorge, VP Education
- Mrs C Inglis, University Secretary
- Professor Alison Jenkinson, Chair of Undergraduate Committee
- Professor Christopher Kee, Chair of Postgraduate Committee
- Mr A Wight, Director of Estates and Facilities
- Ms D Dyker, Director of People
- Dr R Bernard, Acting Director of Student and Academic Services
- Mr B Henderson, Director of Digital and Informaiton Services
- Mr D Stuart, Head of Student Experience
- Mr Nick Edwards, Head of Student Support (Acting)
- Ms C Wallback, AUSA President
- Ms D Koleva, Education Officer
- Ms L Henrard, Communitites Officer
- Ms Margaret Paterson, Chief Executive Officer, AUSA
- Ms K Scaife, Student Engagement Manager
- All other sabbatical officers
- Mrs K Scaife, Student Engagement Manager, Directorate of People
Student Experience Committee Minutes
It should be noted that minutes will be unconfirmed and are liable to be amended at the following meeting. Whilst it wishes to make minutes as widely available as possible, the University is concerned not to inhibit discussion at its committees, and therefore occasionally minutes may have sections removed for reasons of confidentiality. In these instances, a note will be inserted indicating that the minute has been edited on the grounds of confidentiality.