The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee is responsible for the strategic direction of all Equality, Diversity and Inclusion activities supporting the Aberdeen 2040 strategy.
The Committee will champion equality, diversity and inclusion for staff and students and will promote an Inclusive culture.
- To oversee and be accountable for the University’s Strategy on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion for staff and students;
- To progress the advancement of equality, diversity and inclusion across the University;
- To review and develop appropriate policies and procedures related to diversity and inclusion;
- To ensure that all of the legally protected characteristics (as well as mental health and widening participation) are considered;
- To ensure that legal and regulatory requirements in relation to diversity and inclusion are met;
- To oversee the University’s progress in the implementation of the Athena SWAN Charter and other equality charter marks where appropriate;
- To engage with internal and external equality groups to ensure the views of all groups are recognised;
- To develop and be mindful of an approach which recognises intersectionality.
- Composition and Membership
Karl Leydecker Senior Vice-Principal (Chair) Janine Chalmers University Equality and Diversity Adviser (Clerk) Ruth Taylor Vice-Principal Education Marion Campbell Vice-Principal Research Tracey Slaven University Secretary and Chief Operating Officer Debbie Dyker Director of People Jenny Fernandes Director of External Relations Jennifer Philips Head of Communications Abbe Brown Dean of Student Support Alisa Koester AUSA Student President Ivana Drdakova AUSA Vice President for Welfare Azhar Tarbhai UG Student representative Laura Ong PGT Student representative
Chairs of Equality Networks
Siladitya Bhattacharya Head of the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition
Ana IvanovicLiz Curtis
School Equality Lead representation
Maria Grazia Cascio
Athena SWAN Officers
Campus Trades Union representation
Nick Edwards Acting Deputy Director of People and Head of Student Support Tracey White Head of Human Resources Marylee Anderson Student Support Representative and Chaplain to the University Garry Fisher Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing Ali Lumsden Co-opted Member
- Agendas and minutes