As part of the University of Aberdeen's 20 year strategy, Aberdeen 2040, the University is committed to listening to and working with local and regional stakeholder communities to build partnerships for the benefit of the region. We are working to strengthen our community and regional engagement activities and some of our recent and ongoing initiatives include:
- our commitment to develop a Civic University Agreement
- the appointment in 2021 of a Vice Principal for Regional Engagement and Regional Recovery, tasked with the responsibility of developing and implementing a strategy for the University to make a comprehensive and effective contribution to the economic, social and cultural activity of the region
- the delivery of a Local Community Fund in 2021/22
- our commitment to become a University of Sanctuary
- the launch of Civic News, our regular external stakeholder newsletter
- Read Civic News here
- COP26 Special Edition: November 2022
- Civic newsflash: September 2021
- University in the Community: August 2021
How We Can Help
The University’s Community and Regional Engagement Officer works within the University of Aberdeen’s Public Affairs, Stakeholder Engagement and Events team (PASE), based within the Directorate of External Relations. The Team support colleagues to work in partnership to harness and share institutional knowledge, resources, events and campus facilities to make a positive difference across the region.
We can support University colleagues with external engagement and act as the interface between the University and local communities and partner organisations. Working with colleagues across the university, we can signpost community and wider stakeholder enquiries to the right staff member or team or match university colleagues with key external partners.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.