In the event of
- Sound the Fire Alarm
- Call the fire brigade by dialling 999, report exact position of fire
- Warn others in the vicinity of the building
- Only if there is no immediate danger to own life – tackle fire using nearest suitable appliance
- On arrival of Fire Brigade indicate location of fire
On Hearing the Alarm
- Leave the building by the nearest exit and make your way to the designated assembly point
- If possible, a roll-call should be taken. It is vital to make sure that the premises are completely evacuated. If there is the slightest doubt, inform the Fire Brigade on their arrival.
Do Not Use the Lifts
For specific instructions relating to Fire Arrangements please consult your Departmental Safety Advisor.
The fire alarms are tested weekly, according to this schedule.