As a former student, you may require
- An academic transcript
- Certified copies of your degree certificate
- Replacement degree certificate
- Verification of your academic achievements
These page provide further information on the services Registry can provide for former students.
What is a transcript?
- A transcript lists courses that a student has undertaken during their period of registration
- A transcript indicates the academic year in which a course has been taken, its credit value, any merit awards and the definition of the Common Assessment Scale bands
- Transcripts are not available for:
- Postgraduate taught students registered prior to the academic year 1998/99
- Research degrees where no modules have been taken
- All taught students are given a transcript with their degree certificate when they graduate. If you require additional copies they can be bought through the online store
What will it cost?
- Current students: £10 for 1 original and £2 per additional original, up to a maximum of six
- Former/non registered students: £15 for 1 original and £2 per additional original, up to a maximum of six
- Postal charges can be found on the online store
- Order here
- When you place your order there is an opportunity to give special instructions in the questionnaire, ie if envelopes should be sealed with university stamp and signature
- If you want a copy emailed to you, purchase 1 original and 1 additional copy. State you want one copy emailed to you and confirm the email address in your order. One original will also be posted to you
- If you have a form that has to be completed and sent along with your transcript email it to email@example.com quoting your order reference number
- Replacement Degree Certificates
Replacement degree certificates can only be ordered if the original has been stolen, damaged or lost.
- A replacement certificate costs £35 plus postage
- Only one replacement can be ordered
- Photographic proof of identification is required (eg passport or driving license). Instructions on how to provide this will be emailed once you have placed your order
- The replacement will be issued in the current University style and will state “Replacement re-issued 00/00/0000”
- Replacement certificates will bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation. Names cannot be changed retrospectively
- Order via the online store
Certified Copies of Degree Certificates
Registry can provide certified copies of degree certificates for graduates of the University of Aberdeen
What is a certified copy?
A certified copy will be a photocopy of the original document and stamped and certified as “a copy of the original document” – it is not an apostilled document
How can I apply?
As you hold the only copy of your degree certificate you can
- Email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Post photocopies to:
University of Aberdeen
You must include a copy of your passport or driving license to support your request.
What will it cost?
- £10 for up to 3 copies plus postal costs if applicable
- £15 for up to 5 copies plus postal costs if applicable
- Please email email@example.com for instructions on how to pay for this service
- Verification of Student Awards
Student Records can confirm dates of attendance and degree classification (if applicable) of students or graduates for employers and third parties with the signed approval of the student or graduate
- We cannot comment on attendance or personal character
- We will only be able to deal with an enquiry if it is accompanied by an appropriate declaration, signed by the student or graduate concerned
- We will not confirm details over the telephone
- To obtain proof of qualifications email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We aim to reply to most enquiries within 5-7 working days