As a former student, you may require

  • An academic transcript
  • Certified copies of your degree certificate
  • Replacement degree certificate
  • Verification of your academic achievements

These pages provide further information on the services Registry can provide for former students.

Replacement Degree Certificates

Replacement degree certificates can only be ordered if the original has been stolen, damaged or lost.

  • A replacement certificate costs £35 plus postage
  • Only one replacement can be ordered
  • Photographic proof of identification is required (eg passport or driving license). Instructions on how to provide this will be emailed once you have placed your order
  • The replacement will be issued in the current University style and will state “Replacement re-issued 00/00/0000”
  • Replacement certificates will bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation. Names cannot be changed retrospectively
  • Order via the online store

Certified Copies of Degree Certificates

Registry can provide certified copies of degree certificates for graduates of the University of Aberdeen

What is a certified copy?

A certified copy will be a photocopy of the original document and stamped and certified as “a copy of the original document” – it is not an apostilled document

How can I apply?

As you hold the only copy of your degree certificate you can

Student Records
University of Aberdeen
Kings College
Regent Walk
AB24 3FX

You must include a copy of your passport or driving license to support your request.

What will it cost?

  • £10 for up to 3 copies plus postal costs if applicable
  • £15 for up to 5 copies plus postal costs if applicable
  • Please email for instructions on how to pay for this service
Verification of Student Awards

Student Records can confirm dates of attendance and degree classification (if applicable) of students or graduates for employers and third parties with the signed approval of the student or graduate

  • We cannot comment on attendance or personal character
  • We will only be able to deal with an enquiry if it is accompanied by an appropriate declaration, signed by the student or graduate concerned
  • We will not confirm details over the telephone
  • To obtain proof of qualifications email
  • We aim to reply to most enquiries within 5-7 working days