Finance & Resourcing Committee
To oversee the University’s financial affairs with a focus on ensuring that University’s approach to revenue, resource and capital planning mature in support of Aberdeen 2040.
- Ms Anne Minto (Chair)
- Ms Julie Ashworth (Senior Governor)
- Mr Gary McRae
- Ms Lyndsay Menzies
- Ms Charlotte Pope-Williams
- Dr Robert Traynham
- Mr Camilo Torres-Barragan (AUSA)
- Ms Ilia Xypolia (Senate)
- Mr Nick Edwards (Staff)
Clerk: Jan Whitfield
- Senior Vice-Principal
- University Secretary & Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Head of Governance
Planning & Resourcing
- Oversight of the University’s annual and medium-term planning and budgeting processes, ensuring it brings together academic, physical, human and financial aspects and to recommend to Court approval of the resulting plan and budget on an annual cycle in the context of Aberdeen2040; making recommendations to Court on the University’s Annual Budget and Capital Plan.
- To monitor the agreed plan and budget and to advise Court on any matters of concern/risk including the impact of changes in the external environment.
- Approval of treasury, cash management, and borrowing policies as well as monitoring compliance with banking covenants, USS covenants and ensuring compliance with the Financial Memorandum.
- Scrutiny and approval authority for projects included within the Capital or Revenue Plan with a value between £1 million and £5 million.
- Financial scrutiny of novel or contentious projects, providing advice to Court.
- To consider and make recommendations to Court on the University’s overall investment strategy and objectives, on the advice of the Investment Committee and with cognisance of ethical and social responsibility issues.
- Oversight of the management and performance of the University’s investments by Investment Committee.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the Investment Committee and the performance of investments, advising Court on any matters of concern.