The purpose of the Estates Committee (formerly known as the Capital Programme Management Committee) is to oversee the University’s estate in order that it can support world-class academic, teaching and research activity in accordance with the University’s foundational purpose and strategic plan and, to make recommendations to the Policy and Resources Committee and Court
Remit: (To be reviewed annually at first meeting of committee cycle)
Strategy and Planning
- To develop and oversee the University Estates Strategy, and modify this periodically, taking account of the overall strategic direction of the University;
- To receive and consider all estate planning and strategy documentation;
- To inform and make recommendations to the Policy and Resources Committee and Court accordingly as part of a regular reporting process;
- To consider and suggest further development of the Campus Development Framework and associated zone/mini master plans;
- To receive and consider updates and reports from the Institutional Space Management Groups.
Development and Capital
- To review and approve the capital programme, taking into account appropriate environmental and strategic changes, and planned expenditure on an annual basis, across all areas;
- To provide oversight and guidance on the selection and prioritisation of all capital projects;
- To receive and approve specific project proposals and briefs, taking account of overall campus cohesion;
- To ensure at portfolio level that all capital projects undertaken by the University are managed and delivered using the appropriate project management methodology and authorisations;
- To receive and consider reports from all Capital Project Boards, to monitor progress, spend and funding arrangements and provide oversight to and guidance on LTM expenditure.
Acquisitions and Disposals
- To provide oversight and guidance on acquisitions and disposals for land and buildings.
Policy and Advice
- To ensure due consideration is given across all projects to Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Risk Management and Health, Safety and Wellbeing and Inclusion;
- To act within authority delegated from the Policy and Resources Committee on an ongoing basis.
Composition and Membership 2019-20
Two Elected Members of Senate
Nominations from Senators to be sought
Vice-Principal (Student Recruitment)
Vice Principal for Research
Vice-Principal (International Partnerships
Director of Operations
President of the Students’ Association
Director of Finance
Director of Digital and Information Services
Director of Estates and Facilities
Director of Planning
Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities (Planning and Development)